SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby crazydaveh » Sun May 03, 2009 9:57 am

Darn this food poisoning!!! I'll be there Tuesday... The coaster looks awesome!
Beer... It helps coasters go higher and faster!

Dave

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/78611756e2677af30ecbe7f169e00926.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/32a684dcd0f18289ee3e5a31292b8f5a.jpg[/img][/url]

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby UberBeavis » Sun May 03, 2009 9:59 am

I can't wait for June 5 - this looks like fun.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Sun May 03, 2009 10:40 am

I haven't ridden Manta yet, but just as far as "looks" are concerned, this looks WAY better than Tatsu (which is obviously a given).

I was actually VERY dissapointed in the layout of tatsu and was hoping they would use the terrain of the mountain to their advantage (like revolution), and instead they just build it above the mountain.

Other than the Pretzel Loop, Tatsu is kind of meh for me.

Did Medusa in the front and back

Postby atem122 » Sun May 03, 2009 12:04 pm

" i will tell you that a few employees that I was talking to one night HAVE been on Tatsu and they actually preferred Manta."
hmmm I wonder why? :lmao:

But Manta does sound like a fantastic ride, it doesnt really match up to Tatsu in stature, but the scenery seems to make up for that a lot, the wing dip looks gorgeous and so does the whole ride. It'll be interesting to hear enthusiast's opinions who have ridden both this and Tatsu. Park employees seem just a tad on the biased side to me LOL

Frutilicious!

Postby KrakenKing » Sun May 03, 2009 12:30 pm

I heard a few coaster enthusiasts say they like Manta over Tatsu, but then I heard an equal amount that preferred Tatsu.

I think it comes down to ride experience. Tatsu is really high up in the air, and from the ones that said they liked Tatsu better, that was their main point. Others that said Manta was better liked that it used its surroundings better.

I've never been on Tatsu, but the pretzel loop is really intense on Manta in the back row. Honestly, I haven't felt more positive G's on any of the 200+ coasters I've ridden except for Hypersonic XLC's launch.
Signature.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby justint87 » Sun May 03, 2009 2:26 pm

Found a video on YouTube of Manta making it runs during soft opening on Saturday. Video is very well edited and for those who are curious, you could see how the splash looks like in action.

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Sun May 03, 2009 2:32 pm

Tatsu is just really cool because of the amazing view, it is literally breath taking. I don't know how this will fare in Orlando, however. I think the only reason Tatsu is liked so much is because of where it is and what is does. Also, Tatsu's pretzel is awesome, but is not as fast as one right after the first drop. Hopefully, I will get to ride this this summer if I end up going to Orlando with my friend. I may not be able to though, because my friends family is doing a Disneyworld trip, and I am not going to ask to go to another park on their family vacation. Oh well, I can only hope.

The ride looks epic, the que and trains are all so awesome. I say Busch Entertainment gets another World Class Coaster.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby rawrtotheargh » Sun May 03, 2009 2:36 pm

^^ :shockr:
They got the splash down perfect! It looks just like the train is skimming the water. Craziness. And some people might be more biased to Manta because it is new. I remember I used to LOVE Tatsu when it first opened. And now I am kind of used to it. Give it a couple months and peoples opinions might change. But it no doubt looks an amazing ride. I can't wait to get on it.

Thanks for posting that video Justin87!

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Jhcbiinoc » Sun May 03, 2009 2:43 pm

Wow.....this looks to be not only an incredible ride, but the whole package of ride + themed experience. I would make a trip there just to check this out.

Just as shifting to more of a balance between family oriented and thrill attractions has been a recent trend in the industry, it seems as if a new trend developing is an emphasis on the entire ride experience rather than just the ride; instead of going for some type of record breaking ride or prototype, parks are taking proven ride concepts and adding something to set them apart. There's Manta (a heavily themed B&M flying coaster), Terminator Salvation (a heavily themed GCI wooden coaster), etc. Six Flags is taking existing popular coasters (the transformations of X2, Medusa at Great Adventure, and Superman at SFNE) and adding music, theming and other elements to create an experience beyond just the ride.

I am anticipating that there will be more of this in the years to come-it really makes sense: instead of a prototype, go with something proven to work and be reliable and add something new and different to the experience. Manta looks as if it has truly raised the bar as far as combining theming and thrills-kudos to Sea World.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby silvercrew1 » Sun May 03, 2009 2:47 pm

That splashdown looks really awesome and they did a great job of syncing it with the train. I love it.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!