SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Macaroni and Donkey

Postby delirium_guy » Sat May 02, 2009 6:14 pm

Here are some pics that I took with my phone this afternoon. I'm going back with my camera since I'm off tomorrow, so I should have some higher quality pictures to share then.

This is entering the aquarium building, just after crossing the bridge from the waterfall

One of the viewing windows from the rider queue line

Quite a few rays already, when all is said and done there will be 300 plus 2500 other fish, including sea dragons and an octopus

Not the best picture, but shows part of one of the smaller aquariums integrated into the queue

Walking directly under the lift

The new pathway that connects the Manta plaza and existing areas....

Splashdown

Entrance sign. The queue enters the rock formation and actually goes behind the water fall that the train flies by

Frutilicious!

Postby KrakenKing » Sat May 02, 2009 6:50 pm

I was there today as well. I got to the park around 12PM and waited in front of the ride area which looks INCREDIBLE, by the way.

I talked to a few of the GM's around the ride and 4 out of 5 said the ride would be soft opening today. So I decided to stick around. At 1:30 or so, the ride started testing.

At 2:25PM the ride opened, and I was lucky enough to be on the first train, front row, of the public. That makes 2 for 2 for Sea World.

The ride itself is wonderful, it really does glide and play with it's surroundings perfectly. On the outside seats of either side, in the back row, you do get you a little wet from either the waterfall, or the water skim.

Best row for me was the back, you get so much G-Force, much more than on S:UF's. But I heard from a few people that Tatsu is better, but that is probably a given.

The inside of the queue was beautiful, with the tanks of fish and rays. Along the queue you can also find many "Hidden Manta's" just like the Hidden Mickey's at Disney. I think I found about 8.

I got to ride four times, twice in back (Left and Right side), once in row 6, and once in the front. The wait was never more than 25min.

Great ride, I hope to go back on Monday and ride it again! Pics may or may not come soon, my camera is giving me problems.

SeaWorld defiantly received a winner though!
Signature.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby nicksvideo » Sat May 02, 2009 7:07 pm

Sticky Nicky wrote:They timed that block out perfectly. I t got me wondering on where towards the top of the lift is the spot where the blocks change as the train in the splashdown had just passed the block and the other train was almost completely off the lift.

My apologies. I didn't realized I'd uploaded the photoshopped version of that photo. I've replaced it with the non-photoshopped version.

And even though the trains weren't running that close together, I must say, dispatch times were pretty impressive given this was the crew's first go at having an actual queue for the attraction. I think they did a great job keeping the line moving. Plus, the wait went by quite quickly as there was always something to look at in the queue, and the aquariums aren't even fully filled yet!

Westcot wrote:Thank you for the photo update, nicksvideos! The splashdown looks absolutely fantastic. Is there any way that I could get a larger version of each of those photos? I'd like to use any of them for a desktop wallpaper, if it's alright with you. :)

No problem, I've uploaded widescreen wallpaper sized images of several of my photos here:

http://nicksvideo.com/manta/wallpaper/

Note: Photos with an 'a' are photoshopped to include multiple trains. I've also included the originals for those who may not like the multiple trains.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Sat May 02, 2009 7:20 pm

nicksvideo,

Your pictures are worthy of the Park Index

Manta in the Park Index

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Westcot » Sat May 02, 2009 8:43 pm

nicksvideo wrote:No problem, I've uploaded widescreen wallpaper sized images of several of my photos here:

http://nicksvideo.com/manta/wallpaper/

Note: Photos with an 'a' are photoshopped to include multiple trains. I've also included the originals for those who may not like the multiple trains.

Thanks for uploading those!

Here's a video of the loading station

You can kind of here the music in the background, but it's hard to hear over the talking.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby justint87 » Sat May 02, 2009 8:50 pm

If you really want to see a lot of pictures of Manta including some queue line shots and rays in the aquarium, check out this site...

210 pictures over six pages from today (May 2) soft opening.

pointpics.com/categories.php?cat_id=524&page=1

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Sat May 02, 2009 9:02 pm

This ride looks incredible. Congrats to Busch on what seems to be another winner!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby rawrtotheargh » Sun May 03, 2009 12:21 am

Wow I love way that splash down looks. And how close it appears to get to the water. I must admit that I am beyond jealous. If only SD could get a Manta. It looks as though you would definitely get a little wet in the back. But i'm sure its fun. I am amazed at how nice of a job they did with theming. I'm sure it even looks a million times better in person. Thanks for the photos everyone!

TPR's Olden Goldie

Postby ebl » Sun May 03, 2009 1:15 am

"The only details I got were 'the pretzel loop is more intense than Superman: Ultimate Flight'." (missingmusician)

I wonder if it's as intense as the pretzel loop on Tatsu? That one is quite intense, especially in the last row.

Eric
My Honda will run ringz around your Saturn.

Not Everyone In Germany Wears Lederhosen and Eats Sauerkraut

Postby Hattuchili » Sun May 03, 2009 2:19 am

I really like from what I saw so far and I am so looking forward to ride Manta later in the year.
--> from good old Germany and back in Orlando!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!