TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hit any parks over this weekend?

Did anyone hit parks over this holiday weekend?

I was hoping to have some trip reports from the So Cal parks, but it pretty much rained all weekend. =(

Oh, well...Next weekend we're doing Knott's and SFMM so we'll have some TR's and photos!

--Robb "I hope it doesn't rain for Dave's visit!" Alvey

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went to USF to check out the last Ghostbusters shows. I also went to Ripley's Believe It Or Not in Orlando and the Florida State Fair in Tampa.

Overall:

USF on 2/19: The crowds weren't too bad. Mummy had a 75 minute wait that never decreased during the day. The single rider line at the end of the day was almost out the door! MIB's single rider line was a 20 minute wait at around 3 pm. The rest of the waits seemed about 15-30 minutes.

Ripley's Believe It Or Not 2/19: This museum was actually pretty interesting. You could say in your best Jack Palance voice, "Believe it...or not!"

BGT and Florida State Fair on 2/20: I went to BGT to check out the SheiKra construction. I also got a chance to experience the new parking lot. Boy, the traffic was so backed up that it took me about 15 minutes to get a parking space and I had free preferred parking due to my Platnium pass! The new entrance to the BGT parking lot is near Adventure Island. There's no separate entrance for Platnium pass. You entered through regular parking and followed the blue line to perferred parking. It was still in the same place, but you had to go through the tunnels under McKinley to get to it.

BGT's crowds were pretty decent. I only rode Kumba and it seemed a little slower than I remembered. There were also some Six Flag-ish employee behavior there. One that stands out is a Kumba employee put her head down on the turnstile and looked so bored. Oh, SheiKra construction is proceeding. Workers were there binging and banging on a Sunday! The vertical loop and Immelman is up. The lift hill is up, but not the first drop.

The Florida State Fair was packed! It took me 15 minutes to find a parking spot and then another 10 to buy an armband. The midways were just a sea of people. Lines were pretty long for nearly all the rides. I only got to ride 4: The Coaster with No Name (looks like a Zyklon), Crazy Mouse, Orbitor, and Pharaoh's Fury. In the Crazy Mouse line, there were line jumpers in the line. Other people complained about it. The young girls were so angry and every other word was profanity. I just ignored it and hoped they would go away, but they still complained about people complaining. I could have done a Robb and Elissa smackdown, but the other people told the ride op about the line jumpers, but nothing was done about them.

The Florida State Fair had several midway operators there. I noticed about 6 signs of different operators. With the different operators, there were sometimes two of each ride. I saw two Ring of Fires (I had to sing Johnny Cash in honor of them). I wish I knew who brought the Crazy Mouse so I could note it in my track record, but I couldn't find a ride op.

I saw one ride op pull the brake on the Coaster with No Name and smoke at the same time. Now that's talent!

I managed to hold myself back from riding the one and only coaster in Sydney, the mighty Wild Mouse at Luna Park. In my dreams, Cedar Point and Ride of Steel.

Oh well at least I can console myself with POV videos from this website til the next time I head to the USA.

I got out to the opening day of Blackpool Pleasure Beach for the Coaster Force Live Thrills & Chills trip - it was very packed and very cold! It even snowed for about 30 mins while we were queuing for the Pepsi Max Big One. Despite the deteriorating weather, the £10 wristband offer got loads of people out.

Rollercoaster, Spin Doctor, Space Inavder and Revolution were all closed for the day. We gor our value for money, even if this was only 10 rides or so. Highlights of the day were riding the Nash which was long overdue, and the race on it at the end of the day. Filling the trains on the Big Dipper and the Big One was amazing as well!