California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

P. 1176: Cedar Fair complete park land purchase!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Postby laqueefa » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:43 pm

One of the all time great comedies. Hilarious, like the height restriction. It must strictly be for emergency scenarios. Like when the pilot crew eats the fish and comes down with an extreme case of food poisoning, and an ex fighter pilot from the war with a drinking problem/passenger has to land the plane. All flights I've ever seen over CGA, and every flight I've been on approaching the airport over CGA (or taking off) are still really high in the air.
Tigga, please!

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby moviemansig » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:20 pm

In regards to what user 'singemfrc' said about season pass early entry, I actually don’t have one. I’ve gone on a Saturday before in the summer, just not sure if the season pass early entry thing was in place or if it’s new this year.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby coasterchitchat » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:02 am

jab88 wrote:
coasterchitchat wrote:
XYZ wrote:
coasterchitchat wrote:
2) 2015: Could it be a Star Flyer? WindSeekers won't work because of there single rail system and that's against the single rail system law in California.

Why would CGA get a star flyer when SFDK has one?

CGA does not have a 150 foot limit like SFDK so they could make it 301 ft.

CGA does have height limits in place, if I am not mistaken, it is the height of Drop Tower (around 225 feet) due to the proximity of the San Jose Airport, the same issue keeps height limits for Downtown San Jose.

215-225 feet star flyer for 2015?
Vekoma is English means, "We don't have the budget for a B&M so let's just order a Vekoma."

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby GigaG » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:14 am

singemfrc wrote:
coasterfreak101 wrote:
GigaG wrote:Why is Grizzly considered the worst woodie in the world? It is horribly boring, but not very rough. I'm sure other woodies offer more unpleasant experiences.

I finally rode it a few days ago, and I feel the same way. I think it's just a fun little joke that enthusiasts have caught on to, rather than anyone's real opinion - I've been on about 250 coasters so far, and there are significantly worse ones out there. No competition at all.

I suspect part of it might be people getting angry at the ridiculously slow operations - waiting 30 minutes in the station, sitting in the brake run so long that they have an operator doing standup over the PA to keep you occupied. After all that waiting for such a boring coaster I think people come off with worse opinions than the ride experience itself deserves.

Yeah. Why does the ride have seatbelts, then a stapling lap bar that nearly jams, and then ANOTHER belt that is hard to connect and literally attaches the lap bar to the seat? Do you really need all that?
"Official" Cedar Fair fanboy!
Favorite Steel: Maverick|Favorite Wood: El Toro, Goliath is close behind|Favorite non-prefab/RMC woodie: Hard to say. Probably Shivering Timbers or Georgia Cyclone
Favorite Flats (in no particular order) - MoA NU Brain Surge, Chance Chaos, Flying Scooters, drop towers
I take a stand against unnecessary neutering of rides. Restore Revolution, Blue Streak, Dorney Thunderhawk, Raging Bull, etc...

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby singemfrc » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:51 pm

moviemansig wrote:In regards to what user 'singemfrc' said about season pass early entry, I actually don’t have one. I’ve gone on a Saturday before in the summer, just not sure if the season pass early entry thing was in place or if it’s new this year.

ERT Saturday mornings for SP holders is new this year, but last year they did similar "Thank You Thursdays". The park is certainly much busier after it opens to the public on Saturdays.

Postby laqueefa » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:52 pm

GigaG wrote:
singemfrc wrote:
coasterfreak101 wrote:
GigaG wrote:Why is Grizzly considered the worst woodie in the world? It is horribly boring, but not very rough. I'm sure other woodies offer more unpleasant experiences.

I finally rode it a few days ago, and I feel the same way. I think it's just a fun little joke that enthusiasts have caught on to, rather than anyone's real opinion - I've been on about 250 coasters so far, and there are significantly worse ones out there. No competition at all.

I suspect part of it might be people getting angry at the ridiculously slow operations - waiting 30 minutes in the station, sitting in the brake run so long that they have an operator doing standup over the PA to keep you occupied. After all that waiting for such a boring coaster I think people come off with worse opinions than the ride experience itself deserves.

Yeah. Why does the ride have seatbelts, then a stapling lap bar that nearly jams, and then ANOTHER belt that is hard to connect and literally attaches the lap bar to the seat? Do you really need all that?

Kids be wiggling
Tigga, please!

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:42 pm

coasterchitchat wrote:

Not happening.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Postby laqueefa » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:59 am

XYZ wrote:
coasterchitchat wrote:

Not happening.

Yeah, three towers in the skyline would look weird, not to mention there are a bunch of other ways the park can better spend their money!
Tigga, please!

My favorite roller coaster is dumb.

Postby DarienLaker » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:29 am

laqueefa wrote:
XYZ wrote:
coasterchitchat wrote:

Not happening.

Yeah, three towers in the skyline would look weird, not to mention there are a bunch of other ways the park can better spend their money!

Like a Dinosaurs Alive attraction or a remodel of Demon?
Nobody knows a lot about Darien Lake like me! ;)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:59 pm

I would love to see some more rides. I know they've done a good job, and Gold Striker is awesome, but the park had been neglected for so long that it could still use a few more rides.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!