California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

P. 1176: Cedar Fair complete park land purchase!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Postby mark549 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:10 pm

MrSum1_55 wrote:Gold Striker has aged very poorly. I was shocked. It used to be my favorite GCI, but now it's down there among the worst ones (like Apocalypse or Wildcat). Now I would say that Wodan is my favorite GCI. It doesn't have the best layout, but it is by far the best maintained.

My guess is wooden coasters hold up better in places where it rains in the summer (unlike California). Roar, Goldstriker, Apocalypse suggest a pattern.

I don't know what the problem is with Hersheypark Wildcat, maybe it was just an early build and didn't work right. It's a shame, since GCI's racing coaster next to it is great. Maybe Hershey will RMC Wildcat. (RMC is also a verb, right?)

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby ryder » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:41 am

FWIW, Apocalypse has been retracked, and is currently riding quite well. Oddly, the first drop is the roughest part. But after that, it's actually pretty good.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby joelwee » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:54 am

ryder wrote:FWIW, Apocalypse has been retracked, and is currently riding quite well. Oddly, the first drop is the roughest part. But after that, it's actually pretty good.

I agree. Based on my recent rides on both, Apocalypse is actually running better than Gold Striker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seat, don't fail me now!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:26 am

Railblazer seems like the most logical option to go to first, cool. Depending on how long the line is maybe I'll try to ride it twice. I'm really curious about Goldstriker now seeing how everyone is saying it's rough, haha.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:27 pm

Saturday is looking like rain alllllll day; between half and 3/4 inch of rain and 60*. I'm kind of expecting them to close at this point. IF they are open, do they typically run Goldstriker, Flight Deck, and Railblazer? The website wasn't much help.

Thanks everyone! Really hoping I can go for an hour and check out those 3.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Domm » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:31 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:Saturday is looking like rain alllllll day; between half and 3/4 inch of rain and 60*. I'm kind of expecting them to close at this point. IF they are open, do they typically run Goldstriker, Flight Deck, and Railblazer? The website wasn't much help.

The Jizzman Claus is coming to town hahahaha. Last winterfest I believe all the the majors were open so you should be good.

Is your name a derivative of jizzmaster zero?? :-)

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:06 pm

Domm wrote:
PKI Jizzman wrote:Saturday is looking like rain alllllll day; between half and 3/4 inch of rain and 60*. I'm kind of expecting them to close at this point. IF they are open, do they typically run Goldstriker, Flight Deck, and Railblazer? The website wasn't much help.

The Jizzman Claus is coming to town hahahaha. Last winterfest I believe all the the majors were open so you should be good.

Is your name a derivative of jizzmaster zero?? :-)

:lol:

It was 2009 pre Texas trip and Robb was on a live podcast. So when there was an opportunity to call in I called and (my original name was PKI ManJZ) when he asked who was calling and I said who it was he said "PKI who? Jizzman?" And boom that became the screen name. I think it ties to a Ron Jeremy movie.

Anyways glad to know they're open, but what about in the rain!

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!