California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

P. 1176: Cedar Fair complete park land purchase!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:34 am

thrillseeker4552 wrote:
grsupercity wrote:
RollerManic wrote:Supposedly, GCI use a much harder wood for the track on Ghostrider which is why it has been holding up so particularly well since the refurb. All GCI’s can hold up really well if the park takes care of them, so my guess is that if Gold Striker is getting rougher, it’s the park’s fault.

It’s pretty incredible how, for example, the two Missouri GCI’s, both in the same climates but on opposite sides of the state, and built within a year of each other, can be so starkly different. American Thunder is one of the smoothest GCI’s still to-date (because it receives lots of love over every off-season), while Prowler has become awful.

I find it funny that both SFSTL and WOF both have A GCI, A Spinning coaster, a Boomerang and and a B&M invert in a somewhat competing market

Worlds of Fun and Six Flags St. Louis do seem strikingly similar in terms of “class.” I haven’t been to either park, so I won’t comment on the quality of experience at either, but speaking strictly in terms of ride lineup and their rank in their respective chains, they share many similarities.

Six Flags St. Louis has superior rides, but Worlds of Fun is much better on atmosphere, food quality, etc. Oceans of Fun is a much better waterpark than Hurricane Harbor. Both parks basically just attract from their local metro area, though plenty of Missourians have been to both.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!