California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

P. 1176: Cedar Fair complete park land purchase!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Postby thedlr » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:58 pm

^ That's my understanding...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:01 pm

Superbatboy wrote:
thrillseeker4552 wrote:Part of me feels like Wonder Woman is a clone of Railblazer, not vice versa. Railblazer seems to fit in its spot perfectly snug, as if it was uniquely designed for CGA. Even though Wonder Woman was announced first, I really think Railblazer was the "original," and SFFT mirrored and cloned it and slapped it in their park and announced it first to claim "world's first." Just a thought.

These rides were always intended to be stock/cloned rides, RMC has talked about this since they were first introduced. Not to mention the blueprints for the coasters have been out for years, doubt it was designed specifically for CGA or SFFT.

Gotcha. I didn't know that. I guess I was just surprised at how well Railblazer fits in that spot, giving me the idea that it was specifically designed for that spot and not some off-the-shelf ride.

I just find it so fascinating that Six Flags and Cedar Fair are adding the exact same prototype ride in the exact same year. That doesn't happen too often!
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

I Love Donkeys!

Postby IndoorSurvivalist » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:05 pm

Do they have bring a friend days for their season passes? I might get a Cedar Fair pass next year if Knott's also has a good new ride announced.

The Six Flags pass has been such a deal for me this year though with the free parking and getting people in for free.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:13 pm

This has to be my favorite announcement of the day so far!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jarmart » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:59 pm

Can we just appreciate the fact that CGA is getting a new coaster? The drought is over.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Jameslofton » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:04 pm

robbalvey wrote:California’s Great America Debuts First of its Kind Single Rail Steel Coaster for 2018

Wow. I'm still in shock that CGA is really going to have a ride of this magnitude. For starters, it shows that CF isn't just going to let the park be in a state of limbo like it was during a portion of the Paramount years.

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:I love the rock work! Who cares if it's a clone? It looks like it's going to be a great ride and fit in really well at the park, and it'll be unlike anything else in the state. Congrats, CGA!
:nina:

Yeah I've already read some youtube comments whining about this. Nobody cares. Its obviously going to blow minds and I don't give a rat's rump if it has a clone in Texas. In the coming years we'll be seeing more of these and that fact has neither a positive or negative impact on CGA having Railblazer.

robbalvey wrote:
RollerManic wrote:Spoiler alert: RMC does clones now.

The very first comment after the announcement. THE VERY FIRST!!! And it's someone complaining and bitching.

This is why I CANNOT STAND ROLLER COASTER ENTHUSIASTS!!!!!

After the 2017 year we just had where very little was built, very little was innovative, absolutely NOBODY should be complaining about new and unique rides being announced. NOBODY!!!

Seriously go find another hobby "RollerManic" because no one wants that type of crap attitude around here.

:nina: :nina: :nina:

Even though I mainly just lurk, this site quickly became one of my favorite forums. I get flabbergasted whenever I see that type of post. We've already known for a few months that 2018 was shaping up to be incredible. Now that the reality is starting to set in with these announcements and it increases the anticipation of what's to come, its unreal to see anything resembling negativity or criticism.

This park's getting a major coaster. Period. Anyone who loves roller coasters and especially those in this area or planning a trip here in 2018 should be doing cartwheels down the street.

805Andrew wrote: Now all that needs to be done is tearing out Grizzly for another kick A$$ ride and the transformation of CGA is mostly complete.
:nina:

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Loco » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:05 pm

jarmart wrote:Can we just appreciate the fact that CGA is getting a new coaster? The drought is over.

Agreed!
I mean this park went through a 12 year dry spell before Gold Striker was added.
Congrats to CGA! Looks like an awesome addition, love the theming too!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:07 pm

jarmart wrote:Can we just appreciate the fact that CGA is getting a new coaster? The drought is over.

Is it even really that much of a drought? Gold Striker came in 2013, just four years ago. That's not that long to me.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Living_Dead » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:14 pm

Yeah i don't think it's too much of a drought. Plus they've gotten some nice upgrades on the 4D theatre and the stand up.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Stephen G » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:16 pm

Can we just get a Alan Schilke thread going? He is slowly becoming my roller coaster god. who would have ever though one man and once company combined could change the industry so much. Who cares if it is a clone, You can never have too much RMC in one park.
"Yep"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!