Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:05 pm
This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at California's Great America, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.Official Park Website
Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!
March 10th, 2005 - Boomerang Bay construction photos - SEE BELOW!2006Januasry 22nd, 2006 - Disk'o parts arriveFebruary 22, 2006 - Survivor: The Ride announced2008May 17th, 2008 - Firefall OpensJuly 27th, 2008 - No new coaster for 2009 as park fails to file permits before deadline2009March 10th, 2009 - CGA for saleAugust 10th, 2009 - Invertigo gets stuckDecember 9th, 2009 - Great America files lawsuit against city of Santa Clara over 49ers stadium2011January 27th, 2011 - Invertigo is being removed to "open up other opportunities"September 19th, 2011 - Cedar Fair agrees to sell park assets to JMA venturesDecember 6th, 2011 - Cedar Fair comes to agreement with SF 49ers and will not sell CGA2012January 7th, 2012 - Information released on long term lease and parking plansFebruary 1st, 2012 - Grizzly being retracked during the offseason!February 14th, 2012 - Could CGA be moving forward with a long rumored GCI woodie?May 14th, 2012 - Building permits in place for GCI woodieAugust 21st, 2012 - Construction pics of the new GCI woodie!September 12th, 2012 - New Construction Update for Gold Striker!November 2nd, 2012 - Gold Striker construction from CGA's Facebook pageDecember 9th, 2012 - Gold Striker construction update2014August 25th, 2014 - Confirmation that CGA will be closed on home dates of the SF 49ersSeptember 30th, 2014 - Halloween Haunt Media Day2015August 29th, 2015 - New mazes and scarezones announced for Halloween Haunt2016March 30th, 2016 - Corporate announces retail marketplace to be built outside of the parkAugust 18th, 2016 - Conversion of Vortex into Patriot floorless coaster announcedSeptember 23, 2016 - Haunt Media Event2017August 16th, 2017 - Railblazer (RMC single rail coaster) announcedSeptember 22nd, 2017 - 2017 Haunt Media Event2019March 28, 2019 - Cedar Fair purchases Great Amerca property from City of Santa Clara for $150 millionJuly 4th, 2019 - Cedar Fair complete park land purchase!
The nice PR people at Paramount's Great America sent me some new photos from their latest Crocodile Dundee's Boomerang Bay Beach expansion (slated to open May 7).
More information can be found here: http://www.pgathrills.com/
Here's a taste of what is going on behind the scenes.
- Work continues on Boomerang Lagoon, the new 150,000 gallon heated lagoon.
- DSCN2051_mc3.jpg (138.98 KiB) Viewed 72535 times
- Landscaping crews begin to prepare the area surrounding Boomerang Lagoon.
- DSCN2052_mc3.jpg (125.85 KiB) Viewed 72535 times
- Concrete walls outline the new 11,000 square foot Boomerang Lagoon. The heated lagoon will run from depths of 0 - 3 feet.
- DSCN2053_mc3.jpg (148.31 KiB) Viewed 72535 times
- The slide tower for two new body water slides, Ripsnort Ridge and The Screamin' Wombat, is beginning to take shape.
- DSCN2054_mc3.jpg (86.27 KiB) Viewed 72535 times
- The entrance to Castaway Creek (right) will take guests on a 900-foot long journey in inner tubes along a lazy river.
- DSCN2056_mc3.jpg (145.21 KiB) Viewed 72535 times
- Crews work on the walls of Castaway Creek, the new 3-foot deep lazy river.
- DSCN2059_mc3.jpg (72.79 KiB) Viewed 72535 times
- Work continues on both Castaway Creek (foreground), the park's 900-foot long lazy river, as well as the new filtration building (background).
- DSCN2060_mc3.jpg (151.07 KiB) Viewed 72535 times
- An aerial view of Boomerang Bay expansion show excavation of the 150,000 gallon heated lagoon (foreground) while crews continue to work on the new lazy river (background).
- Lagoon%20021_mc3.jpg (114.2 KiB) Viewed 72535 times
- Excavation has begun on the new heated lagoon that will hold 150,000 gallons of water and will offer guests plenty of room to swim, splash and float!
- Lagoon%200411_mc3.jpg (140 KiB) Viewed 72535 times
Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:39 pm
I cant wait till it opens!
Thanks for the pics.
Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:24 pm
Nice to see some progress with BB. I haven't seen any updates on it for a while.
Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:38 pm
1. Dude, they have a ride involving a Wombat!!! That rules!
2. Very cool having a zero depth entry lazy river...should improve lines getting in and out!
Elissa "wombat" Alvey
Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:44 pm
Great pictures. Thanks for posting .
Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:29 am
Nice pics. I haven't seen an update on Boomerang Bay for a while! That's awesome that they're making a slide themed to a wombat. WOMBAT"S RULE!
Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:39 pm
Thanks to our friends over at www.norcalcoasters.net
you can check out the construction going on with Paramount Great America's newest ride!
Now the question....Is this a coaster?
Go check out their update!
Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:43 pm
But what's up with those colors???
Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:44 pm
Voted: No, and if it is, it's powered. However, I'd imagine its fun nonetheless.
- Joe, who actualy counts powered coasters, but knows a lot don't
Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:53 pm
Not a credit!!!!!