Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 984: Boogie Board Racer & Grand Carnivale announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Carowinds Discussion Thread

Postby pryonisys » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:41 am

kind of interesting to see an angle like that on a mat racer, but I guess you make things fit wherever you have space.
I haven't made it to their waterpark, but these are always good additions in my opinion

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:00 am

It's been several that don't follow a linear path lately. like this one at Hershey park . . .
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby yawetag » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:03 am

With the Grand Carnivale only lasting a few weeks in the year and knowing a few other CF parks had one this year, is this a traveling show that moves from park-to-park? Do the paraders travel with the show?

If both of those are true, then I like the idea of CF having traveling shows like this. If they can find workers willing to travel like this, I can see more of these occurring, especially for indoor shows (the Cirque show at Carowinds, for example).

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby HellboyBegins7492 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:24 am

So is this it carowinds new ride is just going to be a Matt racers slide for 2020? Nothing new will be announced in 2020 I mean yes their is a show coming but nothing in the dry park? Carowinds didn’t even have a announcement date for the new ride they just announced it. Usually they do this before announce new attractions right? What about dinosaurs alive and rip roaring rapids?

Postby yawetag » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:05 am

Dino Alive is gone, they've announced that.

RRR hasn't had an official announcement. My guess: it's gone, and they're just waiting for end-of-season to announce it, maybe even to tease a 2021 announcement for that area. Alternatively, they'll put up signage around that area later this year or early-season next year.

I'm assuming this is all we're getting for 2020, and I'm not that upset about it. I'm hoping we'll see some updates to buildings and infrastructure - things that wouldn't need a big NEW IN 2020 announcement.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby WolfBobs » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:10 am

Looks like an awesome follow-up to Copperhead Strike!

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby pryonisys » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:10 am

jarmor wrote:It's been several that don't follow a linear path lately. like this one at Hershey park . . .

You're right, and after making my comment I've seen multiple others. My bad, thanks for the info

Postby kylexy2298 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:22 am

An awesome addition to the water park, went there last week and the one slide complex I was surprised the park didn't have was a mat racer. A very welcome addition to the park for 2020!

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:37 am

yawetag wrote:RRR hasn't had an official announcement. My guess: it's gone, and they're just waiting for end-of-season to announce it, maybe even to tease a 2021 announcement for that area.

You're not gonna get a "by the way, our rapids didn't open this year" announcement. It's gone and there will probably never be anything spoken of it again.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Postby yawetag » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:55 am

jarmor wrote:
yawetag wrote:RRR hasn't had an official announcement. My guess: it's gone, and they're just waiting for end-of-season to announce it, maybe even to tease a 2021 announcement for that area.

You're not gonna get a "by the way, our rapids didn't open this year" announcement. It's gone and there will probably never be anything spoken of it again.

I was thinking more of a "Say goodbye to RRR, but say hello to SOMETHING NEW IN 2021!"

Obviously, something better, but I'm not exactly a marketing major.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!