Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 984: Boogie Board Racer & Grand Carnivale announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Re: Carowinds Discussion Thread

Postby carowindsman » Wed May 01, 2019 5:02 am

Went to the park on Sunday. Park was busy when we were there but ride lines were not to bad. They removed the extra queues from the walk area around Copperhead strike. I definitely feel like it gives you a more up close look at the ride. Running great as it could. Fury is still a beast, and Afterburn was running strong, Intimidator was good. Flyers were snapping and was fun.
IMG_20190428_134236.jpg
IMG_20190428_134253.jpg
IMG_20190428_134303.jpg
IMG_20190428_134325.jpg

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby tanthonyam » Mon May 13, 2019 5:53 pm

Why did this park remove all the water rides???

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Mon May 13, 2019 6:29 pm

tanthonyam wrote:Why did this park remove all the water rides???

Because they were old and not cost effective, a trend you'd see across the whole industry. Besides, they practically doubled the size of its water park only a couple of years ago.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon May 13, 2019 9:02 pm

I agree it's weird to see a park of this size without a water ride in the dry park, but like michaellynn4 said, they have a sizable water park now so they could close the rapids.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby tanthonyam » Mon May 13, 2019 10:46 pm

Unless they plan on getting a new water ride for the dry side of the park. Maybe one of those Mack shuttle splash ride.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:24 am

So stoked to finally get to Carowinds tomm!
I am expecting crowds to be pretty light for an early June weekday? Im gunna hold of on fast pass and hope I can marathon without it, if not I'm guessing one will be available day of?

Its a park I never really bothered about, though Afterburn I've long wanted to ride, but with a pretty darn good top 4 I am pretty excited. Keeping realistic expectations about Copperhead and hope Im not overhyping Fury which I kind of expect to rival my #1 spot
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:32 am

I would expect everything that matters to be 15 minutes or less.

You can't over-hype Fury.

Enjoy.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:39 am

coasterbill wrote:I would expect everything that matters to be 15 minutes or less.

You can't over-hype Fury.

Enjoy.

Music to my ears. And yeah, I know some downplay it or even bash it but 1: enthusiasts opinions (overall) never meant much to me :lmao: 2: the reasons people give it flak are why I expect to love it. It SEEMS to me like a longer, better layout MForce which is still one of the all time favs so yeah, good times ahead.
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby carowindsman » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:46 pm

You may want to check the park app and make sure Fury is open. There was a power outage that shut down Fury, Hurler and Drop Zone. I think it is reopened but cant confirm it

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby operative_me » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:59 pm

According to queue-times.com Fury is currently open with a 10 minutes wait.

JJ you'll have a great time I'm sure, as I enjoyed my trip back in April. I was fortunate that the park emptied out at night, so I got a lot of rides in the final hour. Fury 325 is a masterpiece, Copperhead Strike was a lot of fun, Afterburn is a great ride, especially at night.

Towards the end of the night, swing by CS if you can and check the line for yourself. Maybe it was just the time of year I went but even though the app said a 40 minute wait, it was a walk on. And the CS crew was really hustling to get the trains dispatched.

Have fun!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!