Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 984: Boogie Board Racer & Grand Carnivale announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Carowinds Discussion Thread

Postby RCjunkie » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:02 am

Lots of good 'twistyness' in that track. Yummy!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:45 pm

Am I being insensitive by wondering why there is so much media coverage on this? A firefighter died in our neighboring town during a structure fire, two days ago. There was far less coverage in the St. Louis area. I get that it happened at a theme park, but it must be a slow time for news.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby RCTycoonClassic » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:43 pm

Never been to Carowinds and going on opening day from Chicago. Cant wait. CopperHead Strike looks amazing. Thank goodness the post was deleted that posted the official release of the POV and a moderator could post it. So much better, and so much more excited because of it.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby JG-77 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:57 pm

prozach626 wrote:Am I being insensitive by wondering why there is so much media coverage on this? A firefighter died in our neighboring town during a structure fire, two days ago. There was far less coverage in the St. Louis area. I get that it happened at a theme park, but it must be a slow time for news.

This is probably because this sort of a accident is quite a bit more rare than things like firefighter deaths, or at least most people are less used to hearing about this type of accident. While this is nowhere near as tragic as a firefighter death (not that this incident isn't awful in its own right), the media likes to report on what they believe the public sees as more uncommon, shocking, theatrical, and/or interesting.

This I believe is the same reason that every tiny aviation incident gets over sensationalized while car accidents (which pose far more of an actual threat to safety) often get little more attention than what is needed for the traffic report.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Postby prozach626 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:29 am

Yes. I understand how the media works. I was just trying to express that this seems even more ridiculously covered than normal. It's an injured hand.

Also just FYI... Firefighter deaths aren't really common.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby hoppedup » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:44 pm

Copperhead Strike IPA: https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/03/08/carowinds-popular-charlotte-brewery-collaborate-on.html

I personally think Sycamore's IPAs are all too malty for my taste, but this is a pretty cool tie-in. It will be on-tap at Carowinds.
Parks: 21 | Coasters: 142 | Wood: 39 | Steel: 102 | Fiberglass: 1

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:07 pm

hoppedup wrote:Copperhead Strike IPA: https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/03/08/carowinds-popular-charlotte-brewery-collaborate-on.html

I personally think Sycamore's IPAs are all too malty for my taste, but this is a pretty cool tie-in. It will be on-tap at Carowinds.

Cedar Fair does a great job on picking the breweries they work with. I'm a fan of all the collabs they have put out.
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:48 pm

So I live 40 minutes outside the beer capital of the world Grand Rapids. I have tasted lots and lots of craft beers. Cabarrus Brewing company in Concord outside of Charlotte holds its own with them. They would of had my vote
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Postby coasterbill » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:39 pm

grsupercity wrote:the beer capital of the world Grand Rapids.

Okay... you're going to have to walk me through this.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!