Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 944 - Copperhead Strike Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Location: I may live in the Carolinas, but my heart is still in Tampa

Re: Carowinds Discussion Thread

Postby Kw6sTheatee » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:01 am

I was thinking about it... but oh lord are those tent spaces expensive!
1. The Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix
I’ve ridden 139 Coasters, and have been a coaster enthusiast since 2013.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby hoppedup » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:20 am

Kw6sTheatee wrote:I was thinking about it... but oh lord are those tent spaces expensive!

It says ALL proceeds benefit Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Softens the blow. If we have 4 people, it will be $62.50 each, mostly for perks we already get. It's more about the experience, really. This being NC, it could be 40° or 90° in April, though.
Parks: 20 | Coasters: 137 | Wood: 36 | Steel: 99 | Fiberglass: 2

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:39 am

It's not my thing but it sounds like a great event and it's awesome that all of the money goes to charity.

pssssssst: If you can itemize then the fact that you can argue that many of the goods and services received in exchange for your donation hold no value to you is a good thing because you can deduct almost the entire cost if that's how you roll and you feel confident making that argument if need be. Oh and uh... this is not advice, disclaimer, disclaimer... blah blah blah. Don't listen to me.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby hoppedup » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:51 am

Just an FYI, I checked with Carowinds and you can only pitch one tent, even though they give you a 12' x 12' space. If you take 4 people, you're going to need a big tent.

edited to add: The $250 price includes dinner, breakfast buffet, late night snack, ERT on Fury 325 and Copperhead Strike, and two full days admission to Carowinds and parking. Not really a bad deal for non-passholders/meal plan owners if you take 4 people.
Parks: 20 | Coasters: 137 | Wood: 36 | Steel: 99 | Fiberglass: 2

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:27 am

Fury seems to have that effect on everyone. Glad Im not the only one pitching a tent :lmao: :lmao:
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:41 am

We did Coaster Campout at Cedar Point last year. It was a blast and by far our favorite trip to the park. It's worth it for the experience. The only downside is that Carowinds isn't as large as Cedar Point, so spending two days there might get a little boring.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:38 pm

Wow! First, that music selection was sick as hell. It was so weird and kinda thrashy and technical-ish. Really cool drumming. NOT what I'd expect from a coaster video.

Second, that actually alleviates some of my concern. I kept telling myself the small/compact layout will work for its speed but I kept fearing itll be slow as hell...that does look like it whips over the hills and turns with more oomph than I expected! Cant wait to ride
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Location: I may live in the Carolinas, but my heart is still in Tampa

Postby Kw6sTheatee » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:57 am

The hill after the first loop looks surprisingly punchy. =)
1. The Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix
I’ve ridden 139 Coasters, and have been a coaster enthusiast since 2013.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby bluestreak » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:21 am

Does anyone know if Carowinds gives passholders the regular FL price when purchasing FL+? If so can this be done online or does it have to be in the park?
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:42 pm

^ Cedar Point is the only park to offer this perk that I am aware of (and it's for those with Platinum, and has to be done in-park). It's not on the benefits page for Carowinds and every park I've been to I've always asked and they look at me cluelessly. Even had them scan me at Dominion and the computer specifically said no discounts available for Fast Lane. Never hurts to try :-P

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!