Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 944 - Copperhead Strike Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Carowinds Discussion Thread

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:45 am

I am glad Copperhead Strike will operate during Winterfest next year. I think I read somewhere that Cedar Fair specifically requested that it be able to operate in colder temperatures, which I'm sure wasn't a problem for Mack since Helix and Blue Fire likely operate in temperatures much colder than the Carolinas experience anyway.
Steel: 161 / Wood: 32 / Total: 193
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Postby coasterbill » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:53 am

thrillseeker4552 wrote:I think I read somewhere that Cedar Fair specifically requested that it be able to operate in colder temperatures, which I'm sure wasn't a problem for Mack since Helix and Blue Fire likely operate in temperatures much colder than the Carolinas experience anyway.

:lol: Carowinds starts everything at or below 40 degrees anyway and they usually seem to keep the rides running even if it dips below that temperature later. Every coaster in the park has the ability to operate the majority of the time for Winterfest given the seasonal averages even if they do decide to follow their existing guidelines. They don't run the coasters because they don't want to run them. I've heard this rumor too but this supposed request seems mostly unnecessary.

That said, I'm glad they're running Copperhead Strike. Hopefully they don't pull a BGW and swap something out (like Afterburn).

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:55 pm

^ I can see that happening since it is on a dead end and it wasn't much (if anything) back there.

Due to the ride lines, its painfully obvious that they need something to spread the crowds out of the lines. Upon reflecting back, I think all the flat rides were actually open. With the demographic of the crowd I saw, I don't know if even opening up some more coasters would even help since I saw more families with kids who weren't tall enough for some of them (the coasters).

How are the coaster lines at the parks that have them open vs the flat ride lines?
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby dorneyparkrules » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:53 pm

The 2019 operating hours are now up! https://www.carowinds.com/explore/calendar-and-hours
Former Dorney Park Employee
2013- Thunder Canyon
2014- Steel Force, Possessed, Monster, and Revolution
2015- Stinger, Cedar Creek Flyers, Revolution, and Steel Force
2017- Possessed and Monster

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:43 am

As these parks continue to release their calendars I continue to be surprised by the fact that nobody is willing to push that insanely-profitable Haunt season out to the next weekend (especially with Halloween being so late in the week).

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:28 am

^ Keep in mind that small window between Haunt and Winterfest that they have to take down all the halloween props and replace them with millions of lights.
Yankee Cannonball <3

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:46 am

Cedar Fair has made it incredibly clear that they don't mind putting up Christmas decorations during Haunt. Kings Dominion's terrifying haunt event was a winter f*cking wonderland of holiday cheer when we were there. :lol:

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby hoppedup » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:54 am

^Yup. Windseeker was closed at Scarowinds, as they had already strung the lights on it for Winterfest.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby CoasterAuditor » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:02 am

I think getting a head start on putting up lights is one thing during haunt since when they're off they're not really noticeable especially in the dark but giant ornaments, trees, wreathes I mean doesn't really look great next to things themed to death and horror :lol:
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:09 am

CoasterAuditor wrote:but giant ornaments, trees, wreathes I mean doesn't really look great next to things themed to death and horror :lol:

They have made it abundantly clear that they don't care, didn't they put a skull on the big pixel-mapped tree or something last year? :lol:

Also, it was more of a general observation that wasn't just about Carowinds. Six Flags doesn't seem to be doing it either and we KNOW they don't care. I'm sure there's a reason for it but it seems weird to me since Haunt is such a cash cow.

Edit: Yeah, this picture was taken during Scarowinds (source: Carowinds Connection).

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!