Sea World Abu Dhabi back on the docket for 2022

Page 13: Sea World licensing its name to Abu Dhabi park
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:25 pm

^I dunno. Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch always seemed prettly sloshed to me.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Tanks4me05 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:30 pm

I know, kind of off topic, but those buildings I circled look AWESOME!

-Tanks "Architecture Geek" 4me05.

Anyway, I was planning a Mid East Trip to add to my massive list of parks I want to visit before I die, now WoD (World of Discovery) is being added to the list. At first I was just going to go to Dubai for the awesomeness of architecture. Now I'm going for awesomeness of architecture AND roller coasters. Most likely good ones, too.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby nemesis-storm » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:56 pm

I'm not that bothered about the 'Building with the hole'
However in the distance I've noticed the possible hotel for the Official TPR trip ;)

The seven star Burj Al Arab
:shockr:

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:58 pm

haux wrote:Hopefully Dubai can actually sustain this park. It's growing faster than people are coming in.

You know, this really is a logical concern. After looking back over the last set of John's pics that he posted, I saw a huge resemblence to something that's been happening in South Florida over the last 8-10 years or so. There was a HUGE beachfront condo boom from Palm Beach to Miami that has recently cooled off quite significantly due to the current market.

Condos on Fort Lauderdale beach that were selling for a few million several years ago can now be scooped up for several hundred grand. I'm obviously aware of the distinct differences between South Florida and Dubai, but everytime I see a new project announced over there (although I'm still fascinated by them), a little voice of reason inside my head is screaming "slow down, Dubai....things change." I seriously wonder how many of those residences will sit empty.

Also, for a region who's banking on sustaining itself by trade and tourism, is it just me, or does it seem odd that many of the locations, hotels, etc. seem marketed towards the "elite, or higher end" crowd? Seems to me, over time you'd have to take a page out of Orlando's playbook. Maybe it's just me, and I'm looking at it wrong. :?r
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby sam06pr » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:01 pm

OBXcoasterman wrote:4 parks= yippee!

However, I'm having trouble getting over the irony of building a man made island, then putting sea creatures in tanks on that island in the ocean.

HAHAHAHA! I loved that!!!

This is an amazing porject. I am curious what types of rides will the park include and how they will be cunstructed. And if they need to expand, how will they do it?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CheeseburgerZoo12 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:27 pm

It seems like it's kind of a waste of time and space to make a building with a hole in it. They should just make it round.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby amusing_parks » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:29 pm

This is alsome. I watched that show on Discovery channel about the islands a couple times and it looked amazing. The size the money wise everything. Its even better there now getting couple parks. Now I really want to go there.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:30 pm

This is absolutely amazing, and since it will be on one of the Palm Islands, it will have an amazing location unlike any other park. This looks like an amazing project, and it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby sugart » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:43 pm

Im no engineer, but these reclaimed islands dont look like the best place to build.....well anything. I can't even imagine the kinds of footers you would have to pour for a large coaster, let alone any substantial size building. I got to think in the long run, mother nature will win this one. A perfect example is the airport in Japan that was built on a reclaimed island. It has sunk over 4 four since its been built.

As for the park itself, I think it sounds like an amazing idea. Instead of a big Euro trip for my 10th wedding anniversary, maybe I can talk my wife into Dubai?

Postby Wes » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:59 pm

^ Hong Kong Disneyland is built on reclaimed land.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!