Sea World Abu Dhabi back on the docket for 2022

Page 13: Sea World licensing its name to Abu Dhabi park
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bubbles!

Postby ParkTrips » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:52 pm

ginzo wrote:Giving out "free" beer is a big step beyond allowing very limited sale of it. This is a country that sentenced a pretty high profile entertainer to 4 years for 2 g of weed.

Its not like giving out beer doesn't happen in that country. Besides, the customer is paying admission to get in.

Bud doesn't really taste like much of anything at all. If I want alcohol that tastes good, I'll drink wine.

there's good beer too. we have a whole thread devoted to it, and good beer is usually a lot cheaper than good wine ::D

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:58 pm

Maybe my company being bought out by one with a ton of work in Dubai isn't such a bad thing afterall.

(It would actually be a good thing even without this)

TPR's lonesome donkeyboy

Postby Groteslurf » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:59 pm

SharkTums wrote:I am really excited about this project. I just hope to get a better timeline at some point. When does Dubai run out of oil again? Maybe I should just wait for that year! It seems like amazing stuff is getting announced every day, yet nothing is actually done!

Exactly ! How many themeparks are going to be in the Emirates once everything has been finished : Dubailand consisting of ?? themeparks (between 10 and 15 if I remember well) , 4 Seaworld parks, didn't Universal is going to build a park over there aswell, and I'm sure I forgot some announced parks now. But I don't see much progress in building let alone opening parks so far. I'm sure it's going to open, but when ? Once everything which has been announced actually is open, I'm 'afraid' you will need at least 3 weeks to visit all the parks.

Btw, excellent report and pics.

Postby ginzo » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:01 pm

ParkTrips wrote:Its not like giving out beer doesn't happen in that country. Besides, the customer is paying admission to get in.

A one off or annual event catering to a homogeneous crowd is distinct from a huge theme park catering to a mixed crowd. I'm still betting they at least won't be giving out CH3CH2OH for "free", even if they're told they can.

ParkTrips wrote:there's good beer too. we have a whole thread devoted to it, and good beer is usually a lot cheaper than good wine ::D

In the interest of thread hijacking, I can think of several good wines in the $20 range, which puts you at a similar per serving cost as upper end beers, if you're talking $5+ bottles of Belgian stuff. Wine does have a much steeper upper end though.
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:04 pm

Come on guys...we don't even have opening dates or what these parks are getting. No reason to talk about whether or not they'll serve alcohol right now!

Save it for 2012! ;)

Bubbles!

Postby ParkTrips » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:05 pm

but cmon thats the most important thing! don't you want to see my puke in another country??

Oh my cherries!

Postby gotdane » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:12 pm

This is the first stateside chain that has announced Dubai parks, right?

It will be interesting to see what other chains end up expanding into Dubai.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:13 pm

SharkTums wrote:^You're our go to guy whenever they do announcements at BGW!!!

And yeah, we wouldn't be stupid enough to break US and UAE laws when we go!

Hmm--this year's new garden shop and the annual parade-of-has-beens concert lineup (unless you're a huge Charlie Daniels fan) doesn't quite stack up to the Dubai announcement. :lolr:

But Water Country is finally getting some new body slides, at least.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby ChrisFL » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:18 pm

gotdane wrote:This is the first stateside chain that has announced Dubai parks, right?

It will be interesting to see what other chains end up expanding into Dubai.

No, Universal already announced plans as well.

As for the beer part...it's a BUSCH park. Its going to be very weird if they open a park without beer

Postby Moose » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:22 pm

^Sesame Place is owned by Busch and it does not have beer.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!