American Dream Discussion Thread

P. 22: April 2019 opening is announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: American Dream Discussion Thread

Postby xVicesAndVirtues » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:09 pm

Holy f*ck, two more coasters, one of which is going to be an Intamin LSM launched.

I know the info is super early and all that, but it would be so cool if it was a "Blitz Coaster" a la Maverick and many other incredible rides from them.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:12 pm

Mike240SX wrote:$5,000 if they have any hope of turning a profit within the first decade.

I think it will. Accounting isn't as simple as "we spent X amount of money on the place, so we don't turn a profit until we've made X amount of money back."

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:50 am

Brit and I thought that the surf rider at Mall of America was a blast. It was the sleeper hit of the day for us. I’d love one of those.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby grsupercity » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:54 am

coasterbill wrote:Brit and I thought that the surf rider at Mall of America was a blast. It was the sleeper hit of the day for us. I’d love one of those.

We were there about a month ago and between nick universe and valleyfair Avatar was our favorite ride
As of right now top 25
Maverick...Lightning Run...Fury325...Phantoms Revenge...Shivering Timbers...Montu...:lighting Rod...Afterburn...Mako...Storm Chaser...Goliath SFGAM...Rivine flyer2...Manta...Raging Bull ...American Thunder...Intimidator...Kumba...Millennium Force...Raptor...Voyage...Mine Blower...Renegade...Cheetah Hunt...Mr Freeze
Is that 26?

Postby coasterbill » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:15 am

grsupercity wrote:
coasterbill wrote:Brit and I thought that the surf rider at Mall of America was a blast. It was the sleeper hit of the day for us. I’d love one of those.

We were there about a month ago and between nick universe and valleyfair Avatar was our favorite ride

I wouldn't go that far but I could see it. It's a ton of fun.

Well... actually I can't see it but if Log Chute were to randomly explode or disappear into a black hole leaving the rest of the planet perfectly intact then yeah, sure. :lol:

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby grsupercity » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:21 am

coasterbill wrote:
grsupercity wrote:

I wouldn't go that far but I could see it. It's a ton of fun.

Well... actually I can't see it but if Log Chute were to randomly explode or disappear into a black hole leaving the rest of the planet perfectly intact then yeah, sure. :lol:

Since we went during Halloween the log flume turned into the fog flume. Nick Universe was dark. The rides had lights on and some strobe like lights were on. The Fog Flume had some really cool Halloween effects and lights going. You would of loved it
As of right now top 25
Maverick...Lightning Run...Fury325...Phantoms Revenge...Shivering Timbers...Montu...:lighting Rod...Afterburn...Mako...Storm Chaser...Goliath SFGAM...Rivine flyer2...Manta...Raging Bull ...American Thunder...Intimidator...Kumba...Millennium Force...Raptor...Voyage...Mine Blower...Renegade...Cheetah Hunt...Mr Freeze
Is that 26?

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:57 pm

Glad you liked it! I loved Avatar, despite the spinning. It was just below the threshold of too much spinning and just above the threshold of too much fun.

Postby coasterbill » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:51 pm

Ride Entertainment has posted some awesome photos on their Facebook page...

This is the best picture we've seen of the Intamin LSM coaster

This spinning coaster isn't getting any of the attention but it looks amazing

Here's a zoomed in image of that Intamin...
Untitled.png

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:05 pm

This is such a beautiful mess of twisted track! I can't wait for this to finally open.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- California's Great America & Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Postby coasterbill » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:08 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:I can't wait for this to finally open.

That should be the name of the mall at this point...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!