Scott's Coaster Closet

An amazing collection of roller coaster history!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Fri May 01, 2009 8:33 pm

Yeah! I rode both during the day as well as at night. Love all the night rides. You really can't see a thing back there in tha woods.

Me Likey Mucho!!! =)

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Tbcoasterfan » Fri May 01, 2009 9:24 pm

SeaWhippet wrote:Glad you had a good time. KI is a great park. And Diamondback is one sweet hyper ... especially at night.

Oh, and did you check out the Beast? I was totally impressed by all the track work. Though the permanent magnetic trims are ... sucky ... I was amazed at how rideable it was. I miss the the REAL Beast of 1979. It was beyond amazing. :roll:

I miss the real Beast too.... New one is neutered with all those extremely intrusive magnetic trims

"Can I get clamshells out of this ATM?"

Postby montezooma » Sat May 02, 2009 4:19 am

Awesome video Scott. What program did you edit it in? I am glad you featured Adventure Express, an extremely fun and underrated ride IMO. Arrow made some great mine rides in their latter year: Adventure Express, ThuNderaTion, and of course Road Runner Express
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING
New Season, New Posts, New Logo...Old Stuff!

Postby SeaWhippet » Sat May 02, 2009 11:18 am

We used iMovie. Though I prefer Premier for something a bit more complicated, iMovie works great for these quick park vids.

I agree about Arrow's later mine trains being very good. I especially like KI's version. I wish they'd stayed around and built more. The same goes for the suspended coaster. Arrow's are the best. I'd forgotten how great KI's Top Gun (I can't call it anything else!) really is. I just need to get to Everland to check out the Best Arrow Suspended Ever. Or so I've been told. :roll:

2012+Mayan=BS!

Postby Chris Benvenuto » Sat May 02, 2009 6:51 pm

Diamondback is an awesome ride, I got back from Kings Island tonight and dang that ride KICKS at night. In the day it's alot of fun, but at night the thing screams at night.

Beast and Son of Beast are other good rides at night, I loved Diamondback and it gets the 3 spot on my top 10 rides.

Diamondback, just awesome!! :airtime:

By the way, the airtime I got on it was insane from the first drop to the final brake run. The MCBR does not effect the airtime IMO, but some may disagree.

Great fun, Great ride! :br :airtime:

I Love Donkeys!

Postby ScoastinGS » Sun May 03, 2009 10:12 pm

I also rode the Beast today and though I never experienced the real Beast of 1979, I do miss flying into the tunnel after the shed run. My first ride on the Beast was at night and in the rain before it had been trimmed so much. I haven't had a ride like it since then. I wish there was some way to bolster the structure of the ride rather than putting trim brakes on... :?r

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby x west view kennywood wor » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:58 pm

I was going through my closet today,found something from when I worked the Racing Whippet(76-77) you might enjoy.

Scott,I talked to you MANY years ago('81)when I was working on the Thunderbolt at Kennywood.

"Can I get clamshells out of this ATM?"

Re: Scott's Coaster Closet

Postby montezooma » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:46 pm

Scott-
Is there anything new...or old in the closet?
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING
New Season, New Posts, New Logo...Old Stuff!

Postby SeaWhippet » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:33 pm

Well, hello, Shane! Happy Holidays to you and all those who love old things amusement park-related. Though Scott's Coaster Closet has been on an extended hiatus, we're gearing up for an exciting 2011. Of course, there's plenty – both new and old – remaining in the depths of The Closet. In the meantime, here's a little teaser: can anybody I.D. this strangle little gem I came across during my travels ...
ob3.jpg
ob2.jpg
OB1.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:49 pm.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:50 pm

^ Oh, man...not a clue... Let's see if any TPR peeps can figure it out...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!