Scott's Coaster Closet

An amazing collection of roller coaster history!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Doesn't know how to spell "Enthusiast."

Postby Six Flags Enthuseast » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:48 pm

Whoa! Washington ACTUALLY has something of roller coaster historical importance? I'm quite surprised by that, because Washington doesn't have too many coasters, and the few here are just "ok." That's a cool fact that I think I'll have to consider next time I ride Coaster. :airtime: :airtimer:

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby SeaWhippet » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:26 pm

Six Flags Enthuseast wrote:Whoa! Washington ACTUALLY has something of roller coaster historical importance? I'm quite surprised by that, because Washington doesn't have too many coasters, and the few here are just "ok." That's a cool fact that I think I'll have to consider next time I ride Coaster. :airtime: :airtimer:

What???!!! The Puyallup Coaster is a perfect little gem and one of my favorite rides of all time. That thing is a living, breathing piece history. Oh, and those trains ... :) And though it's near-perfect, it'll be even better once it finishes its upcoming stint in rehab (everyone needs a little love/help sometime ... :) ).

Doesn't know how to spell "Enthusiast."

Postby Six Flags Enthuseast » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:48 pm

^I think Coaster is good, just it's one of very few good ones in this state.... the state of breathtaking views..... apples.... cows..... pretty much everything but off-the-scale coasters or major theme parks. :(

But I do agree, it is a pretty fun ride, just a little too short and with overly long lines most of the time.

Postby SeaWhippet » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:53 am

Mr.Wood wrote:OMG!!! those PTC trains are beautiful. Gotta love that 1940's to 1950's streamline look. That Hunt's Pier little train was sweet. Great pics. Thanks. Keep them coming.

Yeah, I don't know why more weren't produced. AFAIK, the three that went to FPH were the only ones PTC built. NAD played around with the headlight thing (and did a great job with their classy Century Flyers), but that sleek streamlined railroad-inspired rolling stock is my fav.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Mr.Wood » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:23 pm

SeaWhippet wrote:
Mr.Wood wrote:OMG!!! those PTC trains are beautiful. Gotta love that 1940's to 1950's streamline look. That Hunt's Pier little train was sweet. Great pics. Thanks. Keep them coming.

Yeah, I don't know why more weren't produced. AFAIK, the three that went to FPH were the only ones PTC built. NAD played around with the headlight thing (and did a great job with their classy Century Flyers), but that sleek streamlined railroad-inspired rolling stock is my fav.

I have never seen trains like that before.It would be so cool if one of these new woodies use trains like these. Having that head lite flickering down the track at night. So cool.

Please Nuderstand This Mozart67. It's Something!

Postby Mozart67 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:07 am

Man..everyone has these wistful recollections of how great Joyland's coaster was; I wish I had one...that didnt involve needing a Percoset or something. And it's not because my back is weak or anything, I dont think, because I dig SLC's, among other things. Guess I was just unlucky or rode the wrong bench.

Great collection of photos :)

Scott

Postby SeaWhippet » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:08 pm

Mozart67 wrote:Man..everyone has these wistful recollections of how great Joyland's coaster was; I wish I had one...that didnt involve needing a Percoset or something. And it's not because my back is weak or anything, I dont think, because I dig SLC's, among other things. Guess I was just unlucky or rode the wrong bench.

Great collection of photos :)

Scott

Not sure what was up with your less-than-comfortable rides on the Joyland coaster. I always found it rather smooth. Of course, I tend to stay away from wheel seats ... :roll:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby amradiostars » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:45 am

new here, and thought i would throw in a pic or 2 of the last car to the yellow train from Idora's Wildcat...i saw Defcon62's blue car, and that someone asked about the yellow, well i have one !! and its in my workshop, staying warm and dry =)
wc1.JPG
car from front
wc2.JPG
side showing original stickers

Postby SeaWhippet » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:09 am

Glad to see these trains have not been scrapped and may one day be restored. Of course, to have the Wildcat rebuilt with them once more burning up the track would be even better! :b

Someone asked a few pages back about photos of the blue train in operation, I finally found my postcard. Note the structure was white here and not the more familiar deep yellow most people remember in later years.
ip1.jpg
ip2.jpg

The Title Fairy Laughs At Your Pain!!!!!

Postby californiascreamer1 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:46 pm

Six Flags Enthuseast wrote:^It's not on an angle. The way the picture was taken and the double boxing was spaced makes it look that way. I thought the same thing, but no boomerang ride has a tilt like that, I know for a fact. But it is a good illusion.

thats a great illuson, had me fooled.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!