Scott's Coaster Closet

An amazing collection of roller coaster history!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Defcon62 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:31 pm

Amazing shot of the chippewa coaster, I would have loved to have seen the back when there was some more things intact, When I got there the train was in sections. One in the station one flipped over off the tracks just outside the station the others in the tunnel. They eventually dissapeared in the following years and more things fell apart.

I'll hafta scan in the pictures but back in the day me and my buddies got one of the swingin gym cages to make a full revolution during one of our chippewa excursions. If there had still been a floor in the cage we might have ridden it !

On similar note do you have any shots of the BLUE idora wildcat train? The lead car is sitting in my garage awaiting some TLC.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby chauncey » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:43 pm

i just have to say it: this is probably my favorite topic of all time, on any forum! i love all of those great old wooden coasters (my coaster obsession actually began with them), and all of these incredible photos just bring tears to my eyes (yes, i'm one of those guys who takes coasters way too seriously!) thank you so much for sharing them!

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Mr.Wood » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:42 pm

Unreal and beautiful and sad all at the same time. Keep this stuff coming.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby SeaWhippet » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:13 am

Yeah, guys, I totally agree. :( Looking through The Closet always is a bit saddening when you consider just how much has been lost to history. I'm just doing my part to keep some of it alive ...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:00 am

I love this thread! The T-Bolt pictures are my favorite.

On similar note do you have any shots of the BLUE idora wildcat train? The lead car is sitting in my garage awaiting some TLC.
How did you manage to get your hands on one of those?

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Mr.Wood » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:24 am

SeaWhippet wrote:Yeah, guys, I totally agree. :( Looking through The Closet always is a bit saddening when you consider just how much has been lost to history. I'm just doing my part to keep some of it alive ...

Keep it alive....please. I love this thread. I have always thought if someone could afford to build a park where some of these old coasters could go to live on. It just is so sad to see these machines that came from someone's imagination to paper to model to fully built ride. Then because of whatever reason...........there gone. Just sitting there hoping against all hope to have someone ride the rails one more time. Great stuff.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby SeaWhippet » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:31 am

Defcon62 wrote: On similar note do you have any shots of the BLUE idora wildcat train? The lead car is sitting in my garage awaiting some TLC.

The last time I rode the Wildcat was in the blue train. This is the only shot I can find of it at the moment (in my collection). Somewhere I have a postcard showing the blue train on white structure. I'll have to dig that one out.

Post a pic of your car when you can. Would love to see it. What happened to the other cars in that train as well as the yellow train?
BlueWildcat.jpg

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Bull » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:05 pm

Scott, I love the old pictures, keep them coming. The pictures of Cascade's Comet and the West View's Racing Whippet are my favorites. Two parks, and coasters I wish I could have ridden!

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby nrs2420 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:48 pm

I love these old pictures. 110 film, what's that? lol :lmao:

You must have a huge freakin closet.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby kpmcman » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:17 pm

do you have any old pictures of salisbury beach?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!