Scott's Coaster Closet

An amazing collection of roller coaster history!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby cycamps » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:43 pm

I totally forgot about that ride! I just watched that movie for the first time a few months ago. It's ironic that even though the ride crashed in the movie, it would make people want to ride it.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby SeaWhippet » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:22 pm

montezooma wrote:If I could go back in time and ride any coaster that is now gone, The Rocket would be my #1 choice!!!

That speed dip after the first drop looks brutal! I wish I had the chance to ride it. I can't think of anything worse than sitting in the coaster and not being able to ride cause no one else would ride with you...total bummer!!!

Those are some great pictures. I believe that when the movie Roller Coaster was filmed the ride got a pretty make over but it it's last days it was pretty delapidated (sp?)

That crash scene in Roller Coaster is pretty good! Gruesome but Good!

PS- where are the nudie shots from Playboy??? :b

Yes, Shane, I agree about the Rocket's speed bump after the first drop: it must've been quite intense. You can easily see that in one of the off-ride shots in 'Rollercoaster.' :airtime:

I think they gussied the old girl up for her Hollywood premier, but she was still one mean b**ch according to people I know who rode at the time.

That crash scene was WAYYY more gruesome than what made it into the final cut. The producer's (?) wife saw it and asked that it be tamed a bit. I've heard that stunt people were injured in that scene. I'd love to see the Director's Cut ...

That one pic is all I have left of the Playboy nudie layout (go figure!!!). :roll: If you have others that show the Rocket, please post!

-S

I poop golden school busses

Postby astroworldfan1 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:42 pm

Shane or Scott, ya'll wouldn't have to happen a clip of the Rocket during the scence where its destroyed? That would have been so cool to see that! Yet, we lost a coaster to Hollywood. :(

-Tatum

Postby SeaWhippet » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:51 am

astroworldfan1 wrote:Shane or Scott, ya'll wouldn't have to happen a clip of the Rocket during the scence where its destroyed? That would have been so cool to see that! Yet, we lost a coaster to Hollywood. :(

-Tatum

No, I don't have a copy but would love to see it again. As bad as that TV movie was, it contains the very last filmed images of the park in operation. They changed the Rocket's train from three-cars to just two. I often wondered if that was done to reduce stress on the structure, or to make sure the train hits its mark when it 'crashed' ...

-S

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Ocean View Park Video

Postby coasterfreak_au » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:47 pm

There is a partial video on You Tube of the films ending.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=oT5NESydaso[/youtube]

Re: Ocean View Park Video

Postby SeaWhippet » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:24 pm

coasterfreak_au wrote:There is a partial video on You Tube of the films ending.

You Tube

That two-car train looks so bloody strange! I can't recall if the film featured other footage of the Rocket aside from what this clip showed.

Anybody?

I poop golden school busses

Postby astroworldfan1 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:37 pm

That whole video reminded me of something that came out of Beverly Hills Cop III! I was waiting for Eddie Murphy to pop out and save the day!

So was the storyline for the scene that someone planted a bomb on it? That boggled me.

-Tatum

"Can I get clamshells out of this ATM?"

Postby montezooma » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:03 am

Here is more footage of the Rocket from the "Craptacular" ABC Friday Night Movie "Death of Ocean View Park.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=LMqlM2o5Rmg[/youtube]
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING
New Season, New Posts, New Logo...Old Stuff!

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby cycamps » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:29 pm

That's pretty neat how they really destroyed the ride...

"Can I get clamshells out of this ATM?"

Postby montezooma » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:11 pm

westipher97 wrote:^ I have the same question regarding Lightning Loops. Wasn't someone checking restraints?! Didn't ride ops physically pull on them to ensure they were locked? Even if you just walked by and made a visual, wouldn't you notice if a rider didn't have his/her harness pulled down?

Here is the news cast from the day of the Lightnin' Loops accident. You can hear exactly what happened from the guy sitting next to her.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=kONWwpo_rwY[/youtube]
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING
New Season, New Posts, New Logo...Old Stuff!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!