PhotoBoothe's 2008 Australia Trip Report!

Pics/Vid from Movie World, Dreamworld, Wet 'n Wild!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Somebody Get This Guy Some SUGAR!

Postby thunder001 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:26 pm

Not modeled after dirk bikes. The rides full name is the Mick Doohan Motor Coaster, with Mick Doohan being one of Australia's best known 500cc world motor bike champions.

I can recall one of the first times they operated the TOT during testing, it did hit the E brakes at the top of the tower, or at least that is the story.

The other rumors floating around about the park, is that there will be two new attractions in the near future. A family based attraction towards the end of this year, and a major thrill attraction within the next three years.

Still waiting for the Giant Drop pictures...maybe an on ride one of yourself??
The Old Man, no longer MIA.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Gav » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:32 pm

To answer a couple of points.

-Wipeout did once have water underneath, and fountains, but again tough water restrictions have seen them turned off.

-The Eureka Mountain Mine Ride (The mouse) ain't coming back, it's been SBNO for over a year, and the queue line rails have been ripped out and the queue house is being used for an eating area. Of DWs recent actions this has annoyed a lot of people because it was a fun little ride that was one of the classic older rides at the park.

-No, he is right in disliking the Cyclone queue, personally I have always thought it looked crap thematically, and DW maintenance record hasn't helped. Its supposed to be some sort of Cyclone research center. You used to queue up on the inside of the building, and go around the outside on the way out (and shortcut down the emergency exit stairs if you were smart ;) But they switched the arrangement, presumably so people queuing on the outside would have plenty of time to admire the water park next door.

-The reason TOT is between 2 kids areas is because it was built before the two kids areas. And the entrance skull was on the other side of the building.

-There ARE queue switchbacks for the rides that need them, they never over flow though, they fit everyone fine, its just that you move stupidly slow through them. When you go to MW you can see they have proper switchbacks there.

Oh, and I forgot to ask, did you check out the back half of the park with the animal exhibits?

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:34 am

Woah.. Giant Drop is one of the few rides I would have a hard time getting on, I'm deathly afraid of heights but I"ve never been able to resist the Intamin drop towers.
-Sean C.

FORMER DISNEYLAND ATTRACTION OP

You just lost the game

Postby the sound » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:06 am

Thunder, I thought that Cyclone was pretty smooth...but it did have a few bumps. One on the turn before the zig zag, and one on the back turn around underneath some random slide.

What is this herecy! I need to go up to the Gold Coast soon to see this for myself.

-I see one BIG flaw with the park. All of the queues are small, except for Cyclone. All of the lines are made for small crowds! I mean, none have switch backs, and on a weekend, I could see the midways FLOWING with lines from who knows what rides.

The thing is though, it doesn't get that busy. I've been in the middle of peak school holidays, and the queue lines have haven't ever overflown once, with the exception of the Eureka Mountain Mine Ride.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:52 am

Here's a video of both sides Giant Drop and Tower of Terror.
gd and tot.zip
(43.35 MiB) Downloaded 286 times

Does Not Support The Hobosexual Agenda

Postby Hurricane » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:00 am

And to think that SEX sign used to be 5 mins from my house until they moved it :(

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:30 am

I tink I'm in love with the giant drop.

That rapids ride looks very well themed.

I Love Eli Manning!

Postby coastercrazed49 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:53 am

That park looks really cool. Those bigger carriages on Giant must help the capacity a lot instead of the smaller ones on the Intamin Drop rides.
EBL [9:16pm]: I'm not much into politics. I got turned off while Abraham Lincoln was in office.

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:07 pm

^ Yeah but Giant Drop only has one row of seats, and most Intamin drops have 4 sides. The lines must get reaaaal long in the busy season, right?
-Sean C.

FORMER DISNEYLAND ATTRACTION OP

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby coolhandluke » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:55 pm

Based on his pics, there are drops on both sides of TOT. Maybe behind it as well? Anyway, there are at least two rows so it's not just everyone waiting for one little row.

Way to rep the GCL while Down Under, JZ! Chaminade-Julienne class of '07 myself.

--Luke "I'll finally admit GCL South is stronger than North" Dickman

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!