Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

P. 353 - Steel Curtain POV & Rider Cam posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

Postby tndank » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:16 pm

KW has a fast pass system. It's a bit different and the unlimited is out of their minds expensive. The VIP tour gives you a card and you ride certain coasters during certain time periods. Or, you could buy a Steel Curtain skip the line exit line pass for $20.

KI weekend with FL will be walk ons with maybe a 5-10 minute here and there (and probably Orion).

KI weekday during that time...I was there Wednesday Jun 12, 2019. We got there at open and knocked out all coasters and the drop tower by early afternoon. I got a few rerides here and there and we were back on the road by 4-5pm. Mystic was the slowest/longest line. Orion will probably keep a decent, fast moving line on slow days. So, you can make it quick, but you can also knock out everything at a fairly casual pace.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:32 pm

I see. Yeah my concern is the last time I went to KW was a Sat (and this was late Aug) and it was JAMMED. Fine at first but the crowds kept building and by halfway through everything was mobbed. So I'd like to avoid that. Thinking best to do KW on a weekday to be safe. In early June I can't imagine there's crowds
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby tndank » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:43 pm

I was at Kennywood on Friday Aug 2 this past year. Awful Friday. They shut down for the day at 3 or 4. Turned out to be a beautiful night once it passed 30 minutes later.

We went back to finish up rides the next Saturday. Packed. Ends up being some big ironworkers picnic/day at the park. Kept hearing locals in line talking about how crowded it was.

Wife is fine never returning to KW. I really want to go a slow day. They have some really interesting coasters. Only got rerides on Phantom and Steel Curtain. I want to get on Jack Rabbit again.

Postby JJLehto » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:30 pm

Yeah, I had a terrible experience when I went. Was so packed and yup rides went down at random times, lines were slow as snails. Deff thinking I'll be going on a Thursday!
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:30 pm

There are two kinds, the regular VIP pass gives you one ride on each coaster, and the other one is unlimited rides. Keep in mind that Thunderbolt does not allow single riders. You purchase the passes next to Garfield.

Postby JJLehto » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:02 am

Good to know, thanks all!
Good thing, as things work out I will have to go here on a weekend in July. Kinda dreading it but it is what it is, and fast pass will help.

Postby bert425 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:13 am

^ Exterminator 1st.

trust me.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby CenturyFlyer » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:41 am

The nightmare has finally ended!!
There is only one true Blue Streak!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Taylor Finn » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:09 am

15 years is plenty long for that ride. I am just grateful the ride system is here to stay long term again. A new lease on life! This is really exciting!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:20 am

I'll actually ride this again!
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Pavilion Park/Broadway at the Beach & Free Fall Thrill Park, Myrtle SkyWheel, & Mini Golf

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!