Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

P. 353 - Steel Curtain POV & Rider Cam posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

Postby tanthonyam » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:14 pm

Sky Rocket back up?

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby The Geek Mojo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:58 pm

Just curious...I have about 4 hours I can spend at kennywood next Wednesday. 8 coasters in the first 4 hours the park is open on a Wednesday...Do you think it's possible without VIP Coaster Tours? Also, I see they're having some kind of youth event next week too. I'm thinking impossible.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby KPfan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:23 pm

tanthonyam wrote:Sky Rocket back up?

Yes

The Geek Mojo wrote:Just curious...I have about 4 hours I can spend at kennywood next Wednesday. 8 coasters in the first 4 hours the park is open on a Wednesday...Do you think it's possible without VIP Coaster Tours? Also, I see they're having some kind of youth event next week too. I'm thinking impossible.

Depends on the crowd. But I would say no as it's usually busy, especially Steel Curtain.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby The Geek Mojo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:28 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I really want to do Kennywood...But I may just have to plan it some other time when I can give it a full day. It deserves that kinda respect...I just really wanted a mission impossible scenario I guess. lol

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Taylor Finn » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:39 pm

Without Steel Curtain in the mix, I would say you could definitely do them all by hitting exterminator first. If you got there before park open and could get on one of the first Steel Curtain trains and then knock out exterminator, hood likeky be in good shape. But the park is way more than just the coasters so I agree, a full day is the right speed.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DILinator » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:50 am

Are they not allowing preferred seating at this point on Steel Curtain?

Also, will the park have more than one weekend of Phantom Fright Nights this year? Or is it just a two day event? The calendar doesn't go past September currently. For those who've been to PFN, what do you think of it? Should I wait to go until then, since I've never been? Is it crazy crowded? Thanks in advance!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Postby KPfan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:57 am

DILinator wrote:Are they not allowing preferred seating at this point on Steel Curtain?

Also, will the park have more than one weekend of Phantom Fright Nights this year? Or is it just a two day event? The calendar doesn't go past September currently. For those who've been to PFN, what do you think of it? Should I wait to go until then, since I've never been? Is it crazy crowded? Thanks in advance!

They are assigning seats on most days but will usually accomodate seat requests. The line for front could be an additional 20-45min at times.

Regarding PFN, it typically runs through October. I think it's worth a visit but it gets pretty crowded. Lines for the haunts can exceed an hour.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:22 am

How have lines been during the middle of the week for Steel Curtain? I'll have 8 hours worth at the park on Wednesday, maybe 9. Never been there. I'd like to get at least 2 rides in as well as enjoy the rest of the park.
Top 3 steel: Skyrush, Twisted Timbers, I305
Top 3 wood: El Toro, Twister, Wild One

Postby KPfan » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:05 am

Highridin wrote:How have lines been during the middle of the week for Steel Curtain? I'll have 8 hours worth at the park on Wednesday, maybe 9. Never been there. I'd like to get at least 2 rides in as well as enjoy the rest of the park.
39-120min depending on weather

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:19 pm

KPfan wrote:
Highridin wrote:How have lines been during the middle of the week for Steel Curtain? I'll have 8 hours worth at the park on Wednesday, maybe 9. Never been there. I'd like to get at least 2 rides in as well as enjoy the rest of the park.
39-120min depending on weather

Well, so far, it's supposed to be pretty nice that day. I'll make sure that I have my phone charged, and I'll bring my hat. :lmao:
Top 3 steel: Skyrush, Twisted Timbers, I305
Top 3 wood: El Toro, Twister, Wild One

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!