Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

P. 353 - Steel Curtain POV & Rider Cam posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 15 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.
User avatar
 
Posts: 294
Joined: 18 Oct 2008
Location: SoCal
Gender: Male
Age: 28

Re: Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

Postby xChris125x » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:36 am

Great footage of Steel Curtain testing by Coaster Touring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEiZMg6MRPo&t=163s

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.
User avatar
 
Posts: 294
Joined: 18 Oct 2008
Location: SoCal
Gender: Male
Age: 28

Re: Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

Postby xChris125x » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:15 pm

More Testing!
IMG_20190625_190445.jpg

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 6322
Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Re: Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:54 pm

I'm seeing a video circulating of some lucky riders on Steel Curtain. Probably test riders, but definitely a great sign.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Image
Most Recent Trip Reports- Canobie Lake Park & Six Flags New England- Goliath Only

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!
 
Posts: 106
Joined: 15 Aug 2016
Gender: None specified

Re: Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

Postby middle_keeny » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:39 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:I'm seeing a video circulating of some lucky riders on Steel Curtain. Probably test riders, but definitely a great sign.


Looks like a maintenance guy or construction worker sneaking in a ride.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!
User avatar
 
Posts: 2398
Joined: 21 Jun 2015
Location: Lansing, MI
Gender: Male
Age: 40

Re: Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

Postby DILinator » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:39 am

For those of you who work there, and know what's going on, is there any chance Sky Rocket will be operating by mid-August? I'm planning to bring my kids out for their first visit on my Birthday around that time, and am really hoping all the coasters are open so they can get the full KW experience!
Image

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.
User avatar
 
Posts: 284
Joined: 24 Jan 2017
Gender: Male
Age: 33

Re: Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

Postby pryonisys » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:12 am

Kennywood just posted on their Instagram that opening day for Steel Curtain is July 13th

I teach at the school of donkey!
User avatar
 
Posts: 314
Joined: 23 Oct 2017
Location: Greensboro, NC
Gender: Male
Age: 46

Re: Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

Postby hoppedup » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:14 am

pryonisys wrote:Kennywood just posted on their Instagram that opening day for Steel Curtain is July 13th


Sweet! I'll be there about two weeks later.
Parks: 20 | Coasters: 137 | Wood: 36 | Steel: 99 | Fiberglass: 2

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 6322
Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Re: Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:02 am

DILinator wrote:For those of you who work there, and know what's going on, is there any chance Sky Rocket will be operating by mid-August? I'm planning to bring my kids out for their first visit on my Birthday around that time, and am really hoping all the coasters are open so they can get the full KW experience!


Lake Compounce's Phobia has been closed all this year. Since they're owned by the same company as Kennywood, it could be related. Rumor has it, it's the wheels.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Image
Most Recent Trip Reports- Canobie Lake Park & Six Flags New England- Goliath Only

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!
User avatar
 
Posts: 641
Joined: 31 Mar 2012
Gender: None specified

Re: Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

Postby Rai Fox » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:18 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Lake Compounce's Phobia has been closed all this year. Since they're owned by the same company as Kennywood, it could be related. Rumor has it, it's the wheels.


That sounds odd...wheels are swapped all the time, just standard maintenance. It's hard to think of a problem with wheels keeping the rides down for months, unless it's a safety issue with them...but the same rides at other parks are running without issue.

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 6322
Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Re: Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:36 am

Rai Fox wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:Lake Compounce's Phobia has been closed all this year. Since they're owned by the same company as Kennywood, it could be related. Rumor has it, it's the wheels.


That sounds odd...wheels are swapped all the time, just standard maintenance. It's hard to think of a problem with wheels keeping the rides down for months, unless it's a safety issue with them...but the same rides at other parks are running without issue.


I've heard it's the coating on the wheels. The original date I heard for the coaster being back up was right before the 4th of July so we'll see if that happens.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Image
Most Recent Trip Reports- Canobie Lake Park & Six Flags New England- Goliath Only

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 15 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron