Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

P. 353 - Steel Curtain POV & Rider Cam posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Re: Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

Postby xChris125x » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:32 pm

Steel Curtain from the upper parking lots.
IMG_20190809_194104.jpg

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby hoppedup » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:52 pm

Got Steel Curtain 11x today. Yeah, I splurged. Full report later this week. But wow, that thing is nuts in a very good way. Phantom's Revenge (6x) was great as well. Can't wait to take my daughter next year. Park was packed. SC was a two hour wait the whole time I was there.
Parks: 21 | Coasters: 142 | Wood: 39 | Steel: 102 | Fiberglass: 1

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby xChris125x » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:34 pm

Steel Curtain's bridge.
IMG_20190812_102113.jpg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DILinator » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:54 pm

How were crowds today? Originally I was going to be there at KW today, but had to change my plans. I'm just curious what I missed out on! lol

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby shoesfather » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:43 am

One of my favorite bands just announced a Halloween show in Pittsburgh on 10/18. Thinking of doing a drive from ATL to Pittsburgh (ugh) to see the show on Friday then spend Saturday at Kennywood. I see that they split the day into 2 parts so 2 seperate tickets. Any idea what the prices are for the two seperate events and if all the rides, save water rides, are expected to be open during the Halloween weather?

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby hoppedup » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:17 am

I bought two tickets last November on a $29.99 sale. I only used one and will not be returning to Kennywood before September 15, when this ticket expires. If anybody is heading to KW soon and wants a freebie, let me know.
Parks: 21 | Coasters: 142 | Wood: 39 | Steel: 102 | Fiberglass: 1

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coneyislandchris » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:29 am

shoesfather wrote:One of my favorite bands just announced a Halloween show in Pittsburgh on 10/18. Thinking of doing a drive from ATL to Pittsburgh (ugh) to see the show on Friday then spend Saturday at Kennywood. I see that they split the day into 2 parts so 2 seperate tickets. Any idea what the prices are for the two seperate events and if all the rides, save water rides, are expected to be open during the Halloween weather?

Tickets for their Phantom Fright Nights event were $30 last year. They haven't yet announced pricing for this year. Most of the major rides will be open for Phantom Fright Nights, with a few exceptions for areas that are closed because they've turned them into scare zones. This is what was open last year (from their website and *memory):

• Aero 360
  • Black Widow
  • Bayern Kurve
  • Cosmic Chaos
  • Exterminator
  • Ghostwood Estate
  • Gran Prix
  • Jack Rabbit
  • Kangaroo
  • Musik Express
  • Noah's Ark
  • Paratrooper
  • Phantom's Revenge
  • Pirate
  • Racer
  • Skycoaster
  • Swing Shot
  • Thunderbolt*
  • Volcano
  • Wave Swinger*
I would expect Steel Curtain to be open for the event as well, barring any more technical difficulties cropping up. Same for Sky Rocket, which was down for a good chunk of the year last season -- if it can avoid blowing itself up again, you should be good. :)
That coaster dad [336] and that coaster kiddo [216]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. Twisted Timbers. Fury 325.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby PennStater » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:51 pm

shoesfather wrote:One of my favorite bands just announced a Halloween show in Pittsburgh on 10/18. Thinking of doing a drive from ATL to Pittsburgh (ugh) to see the show on Friday then spend Saturday at Kennywood. I see that they split the day into 2 parts so 2 seperate tickets. Any idea what the prices are for the two seperate events and if all the rides, save water rides, are expected to be open during the Halloween weather?

The event earlier in the day, Happy Hauntings, may not interest you unless you have kids with you. They have things like a hayride, hay maze, a trick-or-treating trail, and a bunch of the kiddie rides open plus a few others like the MGR, Paratrooper, etc. They did have Jack Rabbit open last year... not sure if the coaster selection will differ at all this year.
~ Lifetime Kennywood, Sandcastle, & Idlewild season pass holder! ~
Co-Owner of Kennywood Connection
Kennywood Rides team member since 2009 (August - December)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby stevenamos » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:32 pm

Good evening! I wanted to let you know we are still looking for people to sign up for Coasting For Kids at Kennywood on September 1st! Team TPR is doing incredible and has already raised $1429 for the event.

The event will include early ERT on Jack Rabbit and Steel Curtain, as well as everyone receives free admission to the park following the ERT. Everyone even gets a free Coasting For Kids t-shirt and credential for participating.

To join the Team TPR roster, follow this link: http://support.gktw.org/goto/TeamTPRKennywood

Even if you can't make it out, you can make a donation to Team TPR by clicking the link 'Donate Now'

Thank you everyone!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Taylor Finn » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:21 am

^I am hopeful we can win top team. I have some money still incoming to my page, as well as my girlfriend signing up! If we can get another participant, that would be a huge help toward meeting that goal.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!