Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

P.195 : Former Six Flags executive is the new GM
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:38 pm

Great news and review!

...I just wonder how long it will stay like that.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby GuruGuys » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:08 pm

DBru wrote:Great news and review!

...I just wonder how long it will stay like that.

The work they did on the first drop and zig zag has remained as smooth as when they first did it last off season. The work done now is even smoother than what they did on the first drop which leads me to believe that it too will last.

I'd guess 65% of the coaster is now running how it was designed to run. I am quite confident that Kemah Boardwalk will have another round of major work during the next off season, probably rebuilding the track below the upper bay turn which is now the part that shuffles the most, getting the coaster to around 90% of what it should have been to begin with...

-GG

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby lorddoonga » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:35 pm

Tex: Thanks for the "play-by-play" action... looking forward to riding it once again!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby VegasCoaster » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:50 pm

Geez. Considering I rode it this summer and I thought the air on the drop was pretty decent, I'd hate / love to see what it was like in the first year. Maybe the backseat ride is too cemented in my mind, but I remember being thrown into the lapbar pretty well. I never found the ride that intolerable, but then again I think I rode three or four times. It was a bit rough, but in the normal woodie sense.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby lorddoonga » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:21 pm

I am going to miss the first drop intense butter fly sensation it had when it was Bullet ver. 1.0. Great speed and nice ejector air made the drop made me yelp from deep within.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby jmicha » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:43 pm

I just rode Boardwalk Bullet for the first time last weekend since I'm in Texas for a few months and I loved it. The first drop and turn were fantastic and the overall ride was plain fun. It just kept going, it's insane how much track they fit into such a small area. All of the boardwalk was a lot of fun and the Bullet is definitely worth a ride if you are in the area.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:21 am

It's too bad they couldn't combine the pop with smooth. It would be one of the best rides if they couldn't kept all the extreme elements and just made it smoother, but that's how it is with a lot of the wooden coasters.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby GuruGuys » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:20 pm

jray21 wrote:It's too bad they couldn't combine the pop with smooth. It would be one of the best rides if they couldn't kept all the extreme elements and just made it smoother, but that's how it is with a lot of the wooden coasters.

The reality, at least with the Bullet, is that the more intense elements that some people miss where never part of the design of the coaster. From the insane ejector on the first drop, to the pop, to the intense laterals at the end of the first drop, they were all results of construction defects.

Rode the coaster this week, its riding the same as it did the day they re-opened it which is good. It is butter smooth on the parts that the new construction company worked on. Its clear to me that all the problems the coaster has had is indeed due to a result of bad construction, not bad or too aggressive design. After one more round of major constructions I think it will be 90% of what Gravity Group originally intended.

-GG

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby technfxrick » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:59 pm

Does anyone know the operating hours for the Boardwalk Bullet? i have an option to go to Houston for work March 18-21, and honestly the only reason i would go is if this coaster is open. I have looked at the website and it has a very generic Sun-Sat hours with the Bullets Hours subject to change. I know this coaster just went through a rehab, so would it be a good chance that the coaster would be open these days? Can anyone give me any heads up on this?

New Coasters 101
Parks 84

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby texcoaster » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:03 pm

Unless something comes up, the coaster opens around noonish and stays open till 10pm. I think it runs till 11pm on Fri-Sat.

Best bet is to avoid mealtimes. Go between lunch and dinner crowds and you should be able to get multiple rides with no waiting. After dinner, you can get a 2-3 train wait sometimes.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!