Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

P. 107: Runaway Tram (Family coaster) coming in 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
(22:06:18) ajc47: who are the obnoxious ones? (22:07:16) tatertot3710: Mr. Starr, jeremie, deathbydinn

Postby tatertot3710 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:19 pm

The only thing I see odd about the pirate theme is that the Pirates of Wildwood dark ride is on the same pier.
Last Credit: Stinger (Dorney Park, 4/28) -- Bringing coaster count to 83

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Darksin » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:09 pm

We never miss a trip out to Wildwood. More so since my Mother-in-law lives right in Egg Harbor Township and we normally are looking for something fun to do at night.

Oh yes, to quote my husband "Wouldn't a remake of the old Castle Dracula be AWESOME". That's apparently the one that burned to the ground at some point, though that was before my days over in Wildwood.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:36 pm

This is a little off topic, but does anybody know of the woodie that was supposed to go to Morey's.

I remember it being announced and there were a few updates a while back, but it seems to have dropped off the radar since then.
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:33 pm

I don't recall a specific announcement (like Quassy), but I think it was delayed until 2011 at the earliest.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Reeks of Books

Postby CorkscrewFoley » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:03 pm

Good, I wasn't the only who remembered the proposed woodie.
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!'

(22:06:18) ajc47: who are the obnoxious ones? (22:07:16) tatertot3710: Mr. Starr, jeremie, deathbydinn

Postby tatertot3710 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:03 pm

Here's a short blog post from yesterday:

Today, three strange men were spotted meeting with Jack. The conference room was covered in blueprints and these men kept walking back to the new attraction site alongside Jack. Jack also cancelled an important internal meeting today due to our new visitors. Could this encounter by related to the Project 5292010? Also, our longtime waterpark architect extraordinaire, who designed and built most, if not all, of the slides at Raging Waters, visited the piers today. What does Jack have up his sleeve now?

Giggles

“What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul.”

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Darksin » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:44 am

I don't remember hearing anything other then rumor about the woodie project. It was a good gossip last summer but I never heard any kind of announcement or official type notice about it. One of the gossip bits I heard was that it'd go in to replace the loss of the Golden Nugget before the official sale to Knobels was annouced.

Spinach plus Tuna makes the taste of the paste!

Postby Reality15 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:19 am

While I know nothing about this project and very little about the piers out there in New Jersey, I read the thread and something came to mind... what if they did a dark ride as a waterpark attraction? Something like a lazy river through the various scenes instead of an omnimover/walking?

Just giving my thoughts, but let's be honest here, I could be way out in right field...
Check me out on: Flickr // YouTube // Facebook // Twitter

Postby tatertot3710 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:56 pm

I'm not 100% positive, but there actually may be go-karts also near that area.

If not, or if they aren't keeping the go-karts, then that could actually be possible!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Morey's Piers New 2010 Attraction

Postby Mike240SX » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:10 am

There are (were, at least) go-karts under the Pier right where those boardwalk construction pictures showed. And it looks like they sealed up the steps. And that was, IMHO, the best go-kart track layout in Wildwood too. :(
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!