Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:57 am

boldikus wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:
Out of curiosity, does "it" often breakdown?

In my experience, yes. But isn't that generally a prerequisite for most kick-ass rides?

True. :lol: If a few breakdowns here and there are the tradeoff for such an awesome cycle, I'll take it.

Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:22 pm

Just posted via their FB...

Tram.png
Tram.png (398.23 KiB) Viewed 1298 times

Oh and has it been mentioned here that the tram operator on the back of the train and the roof over the front car are now gone?

Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:29 pm

It has not, and that kinda blows.

Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:20 pm

Aw man, that tram operator looked awesome.

Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:46 pm

coasterbill wrote:It sh*t itself mid-cycle a few years ago while we were on it apparently but I uh... don't remember much about that experience (or anything that happened that afternoon). :lol:

Hahaha, yep.

Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:47 pm

Interesting that Morey's blames the delay on the custom nature of the ride, while it actually is a regular off-the-shelf model, or are they talking about the ride being constructed on the pier / beach / close to the sea? Hope they get the ride open soon though!

Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:08 am

Itachi wrote:Interesting that Morey's blames the delay on the custom nature of the ride, while it actually is a regular off-the-shelf model, or are they talking about the ride being constructed on the pier / beach / close to the sea? Hope they get the ride open soon though!

The Moreys have confirmed it is not an off the shelf model.

Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:33 pm

Quick questions:

1. How good has Fly - The Great Nor'Easter been since its extensive retracking/new trains?

2. Is Sea Serpent as bumpy as any other Boomerang? (considering it was the first Boomerang in the US)

Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:42 pm

^ Fly- the Great Nor'Easter is quite smooth. It's not quite as smooth as a B&M invert, but with those restraints, you get zero headbanging and can appreciate the layout.

Sea Serpent was one of the smoothest boomerangs I've ridden.

Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:06 am

Update: Moreys just posted the coaster is (finally) open. We'll be down this wknd so will try to check it out and will report back.

Jason Maier wrote:Quick questions:

1. How good has Fly - The Great Nor'Easter been since its extensive retracking/new trains?

2. Is Sea Serpent as bumpy as any other Boomerang? (considering it was the first Boomerang in the US)

Nor'easter is ridiculously smooth. Bill and I rode it in July and both got off gushing about how mindbogglingly smooth and fun it is. I'm not shitting you. Sea Serpent is good, great view from the first lift/drop, fairly good and smooth for a boomerang. I don't ride it as much as its the only big coaster on the central pier and it does get lines on weekend evenings, and a shuttle so the line crawls. If its during the day its not too bad usually.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS