Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 955: Disneyland reopening postponed
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'd like to buy a vowel!

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby KBrylczyk » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:15 pm

^ Awesome, thanks!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:17 pm

Jew wrote:
KBrylczyk wrote:Quick question about the boarding group system -

With the drop in attendance we were thinking of making a last minute trip this Sunday and Monday (two days from now) to take advantage before the spring break and summer crowds make the place a wreck. If by some miracle Rise Of The Resistance plows through the groups and we get to ride, are we able to then join another boarding group if they're still available?

Yes. You can get another boarding group if they are available after yours has been redeemed.

I had Group 1 on Sunday and wasn't able to get a second group from either the app or kiosk.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Nickelodeon Universe (MN) & Family Kingdom

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:22 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:
Jew wrote:

With the drop in attendance we were thinking of making a last minute trip this Sunday and Monday (two days from now) to take advantage before the spring break and summer crowds make the place a wreck. If by some miracle Rise Of The Resistance plows through the groups and we get to ride, are we able to then join another boarding group if they're still available?

Yes. You can get another boarding group if they are available after yours has been redeemed.

I had Group 1 on Sunday and wasn't able to get a second group from either the app or kiosk.

Were they still available? If the cast members scanned your original boarding group, you should have been able to redeem for another one according to a ride op at the venue if they were still taking boarding group reservations.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:54 pm

I believe backups were still available on the app.

But this photo is curteousy of dylanreich when he tried the kiosk on a day when backups were still available until the early afternoon.
received_775911572933316.jpeg

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby coasterlvr » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:38 pm

no, this is the error message i received when trying to get a second boarding group yesterday. i believe only the first week or something like that people were able to do that at Hollywood Studios, but never in California.

IMG_0026.png

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:44 pm

That's what I get for trusting a ride operator. Whooops.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Garet » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:45 pm

I mean if hypothetically, somehow the park was that dead they'd got through all the groups and even the back-up groups early, couldn't the park just open up the standby line?

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:41 am

^ On the days when the ride cycles through all the boarding groups, it has just closed early presumably to avoid a stampede and to allow maintenance an early start on it.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:32 pm

Yep, having second thoughts about heading down tonight. RotR still hasn't opened today. I'd hate to spend the money and get shafted.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby SoCalJasonland » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:44 pm

Disneyland closing Saturday, March 14th for Corona Virus until at least the end of March.

"Update on Disneyland Resort Operations
While there have been no reported cases of COVID-19 at Disneyland Resort, after carefully reviewing the guidelines of the Governor of California’s executive order and in the best interest of our guests and employees, we are proceeding with the closure of Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park, beginning the morning of March 14 through the end of the month.

The Hotels of Disneyland Resort will remain open until Monday, March 16 to give guests the ability to make necessary travel arrangements; Downtown Disney will remain open. We will monitor the ongoing situation and follow the advice and guidance of federal and state officials and health agencies. Disney will continue to pay cast members during this time.

Disneyland Resort will work with guests who wish to change or cancel their visits, and will provide refunds to those who have hotel bookings during this closure period. We anticipate heavy call volume over the next several days and appreciate guests’ patience as we work hard to respond to all inquiries.

Please contact The Walt Disney Travel Company for questions and cancellations at (714) 520-5050."
I love to roam where the wild things are.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!