Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 944: Avengers Campus opens in Summer 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:44 am

coasterbill wrote::lol: It might take them even longer since you have to immediately reserve a Boarding Group and Radiator Springs Racers on Maxpass (though I think you can actually do that earlier than official park open right?).

I've always had my Radiator Springs Fastpass in hand a half hour before official park opening once they let you into the park. I'm guessing those are available immediately once you scan in.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- NASCAR SpeedPark & Carowinds- Fall

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:34 pm

coasterbill wrote:
Lucas The Drummer wrote:how quick do the RotR groups actually fill up? I've heard some people say numbers like 3-5 seconds, while others say 45-60 seconds, which is a big difference.

You can practice from home. Get the app and try to get a BG right at park open. If it doesn't say "Estimated Land Wait: Backup Group" then you're probably good. Obviously once you get to what would be the confirmation page it will tell you that you're not in the park, but you'll get a feel for how long they last and what the process is.

I guarantee that they're not gone in 5 seconds, that's probably just Californians bragging about how awesome they are for miraculously defying all odds and getting one. 45-60 seconds is more likely. Yesterday they didn't hit backups for 7 minutes but it seems like 45-60 seconds is the average which is PLENTY of time to hit like 3 buttons.

I don't think that was an exaggeration the opening week when they opened main street 2hrs before park open each day. Now that things have normalized, I'm sure it has gotten better and 45-60 seems about right.

Still think they should just call this the soft open if they have a 3hr standby queue they aren't using...
Last edited by Jew on Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:35 pm.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Edgar Allan Pooh » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:39 pm

Went to DCA and DL last weekend with a small group and had a blast. Did DCA on Friday and DL on Saturday.

For a less successful ROTR anecdote: Saturday was a bad day to try and get on ROTR, and I should have known this (being a weekend and all). I had stayed up way too late the night before at DCA, and the night before that preparing for the trip. So I got up kind of late. I didn’t get into the security line until 7:35 am, and didn’t get into the park itself until 8:09 am. I managed to get group 138. Nobody else from my group was in the park yet, as they were staying at a different location than I was and were also really tired.

Anyway, they stopped boarding at group 130, so I didn’t make it. They also stopped boarding at around 10 pm instead of going until closing. I’m not sure if this was due to the evening shows or not. I still had a really great time, but if I can get back there again anytime soon, I’m getting there way earlier.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby ryder » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:31 am

On the Sunday of President's Day weekend, we got group #130. But the ride was having a pretty good day... they were up to the 50's by 10:30am. It seemed to have a hiccup around 11 or noon as it stayed in the 50's for about 90 minutes, but after that, it flew. It was up to 80 by 1:30, 110 by 5:30, our our group 130 was called in at 6:30. Appears groups went as high at 156 by 8:30pm, then seemed to stop, so I figure that's how high it went that day. But to get to 156 by 8:30pm seemed pretty good, especially with a mid-day breakdown (park was open until midnight).

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!