Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 928 - Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Media Preview!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:47 pm

Just made a reservation for lunch at Oga's Cantina, to visit in a couple of weeks.
"Lunch" being the snack mix....and cocktails! :b Very easy to do, on the park's website.

(And reservations have been made for the Blue Bayou Restaurant,
a Fantasmic! meal package, and a couple of other neat things.)

:gaga:
P.S. Anybody already been to the East Coast Galaxy's Edge? How was it? :mickey:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby thepoint4life23 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:19 am

My Disney trip is about 16 days. I will be getting max pass. This is my first time to Disneyland. Any tips to make my time more enjoyable.
Whats the best time to hit Galaxy s edge? First thing in the morning or end of the night.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5749463e4331775e371e68621c381f92.jpg[/img][/url]

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby laqueefa » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:57 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:Just made a reservation for lunch at Oga's Cantina, to visit in a couple of weeks.
"Lunch" being the snack mix....and cocktails! :b Very easy to do, on the park's website.

(And reservations have been made for the Blue Bayou Restaurant,
a Fantasmic! meal package, and a couple of other neat things.)

:gaga:
P.S. Anybody already been to the East Coast Galaxy's Edge? How was it? :mickey:

:nina:
Tigga, please!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:12 pm

^ Unfortunately, we had to cancel the Fantasmic! meal/show pkg. We also missed the Electrical Parade, due to leaving early, because - we - were - exhausted! And didn't think of coming to the parks later on, in the day, etc. Oh well, next visit. But we did do the "World of Color" Dessert Party (great time with food, drinks, and chairs!) and of course had a wonderful meal at the Blue Bayou. City Hall (Customer Services) in DL helped us out cancelling stuff and getting us earlier pickup times, with the Knott's Shuttle we used back and forth to that hotel.

And Oga's......mmmmm...... Oga's made me wish we had a reservation there every day we were at Disney, lol! Great place, awesome atmosphere (yay Rex!) very noisy, but fun noisy, and a LOT of adults enjoying their cocktails and just schmoozing around with everybody else at their table, etc. And we inadvertently overstayed our time there (45 min.maximum), but nobody suddenly ushered us out quickly. We just strolled out, arm in arm, just after 5pm. From a 3:45 call. :smile:

p.s. We do not own or carry cell phones.
IMG_1373.JPG
Sept.12/19: Oga's and Rex! We dropped $50+ on four drinks, but they were very potent, pleasingly delicious.
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:32 pm.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby ArgoZ » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:38 pm

thepoint4life23 wrote:My Disney trip is about 16 days. I will be getting max pass. This is my first time to Disneyland. Any tips to make my time more enjoyable.
Whats the best time to hit Galaxy s edge? First thing in the morning or end of the night.

Awesome! How many days will you be there? Galaxy’s Edge is great during day and night. Smugglers Run’s shortest line is rope drop but longest line is shorty after. The line dies down to 30 minutes at times, so just watch the App. Single rider is very fast, but you usually get stuck being an Engineer, which can be boring, yet good to view the entire experience. MaxPass is the bomb. Reserving via your phone is so handy and easy. Make sure your phone is charged though and save battery! We used two phones, one for pics and the other MaxPass. You’ll find yourself with multiple reservations, it’s so efficient.

I can go on and on. For Disney Geeks, they are offering tours of Walt’s apartment once again. It’s pricey at $115 each but worth it if that’s your thing. Here is my wife and I last week inside the hallowed ground.
B0CAADA1-AB5A-4982-BBBC-0869902E2B73.jpeg

Postby thepoint4life23 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:02 am

2 days now working on a 3rd day at the moment.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5749463e4331775e371e68621c381f92.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby thepoint4life23 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:36 pm

Any must try foods for Disneyland? I want to get Walt's Chili.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:48 pm

In Galaxy's Edge, both Docking Bay 7 Food & Cargo and Ronto's Roasters offer some pretty good food and Docking Bay has a lot of space to sit down and enjoy your food and drink. And they're practically next door to each other, too.
IMG_0988aDM.JPG
Ronto's menu.
IMG_0988c.JPG
We (shared and) enjoyed the Wrap. The Meiloorin Juice was nice, too.
IMG_1389.JPG
The Kaadu Ribs (sticky pork) and the Tip-yip Salad (chicken) at Docking Bay were great, as well.
IMG_1429.JPG
One section of the Docking Bay 7 Food & Cargo eating area.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:14 pm

BIG P.S!

If you really REALLY want to get the DOLE WHIP at the stall in Adventureland (front of Tiki Room) DO NOT GO THERE. Go past it, and when you can turn left, do it. You'll enter the new Terrace they've opened AND have not one but several Dole Whips to have and enjoy. Big Happy New Discovery of ours. :smile:

We couldn't believe the lineup at the original spot, and we actually told a couple about the new place, just after we spotted them leaving the queue in disgust - because of The Queue's Length. They were most thankful to learn that. And when we were in the Jungle Cruise queue, we saw them exiting the place, with a Big Bowl of the stuff, sharing. It was sweet.
IMG_1024.JPG
And there's a big sign up there on the roof that sorta tells you, too. (o;
IMG_1025.JPG
From one of our three visits there. A "Swirl."

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby ArgoZ » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:19 pm

thepoint4life23 wrote:Any must try foods for Disneyland? I want to get Walt's Chili.

Dole Whip (I prefer the float version), is the only must when visiting Disneyland. The Monte Cristo sandwich at Cafe Orleans is popular, but it’s too rich and filling for me. The themed drinks at Trader Sam’s are fun! The best meal I had was dinner at Steakhouse 55 in the Disneyland Hotel. Everything seemed great in that place. The Overnight Oats in Galaxy’s Edge was a tasty and light breakfast.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!