Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 928 - Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Media Preview!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby Jew » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:18 pm

Oga's has 6 non alcoholic drinks including the one that comes with the Porg souvenir mug. It's THE place to be for all ages.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby tinaalsgirl » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:56 pm

coasterbill wrote:Disney is really good at catering to people who don't drink. Their specialty drink list without alcohol is longer than the list of drinks with alcohol and I'm sure these will be super fun looking themed drinks also. They nailed this at Trader Sam's too. I almost ordered one of the non-alcoholic things because I liked the tiki cup that it came in (emphasis on almost, I came to my senses). :lol:

You'll probably have a blast in this place even if you don't drink.

Ooo, thanks for that link! That Moogan Tea on the breakfast menu sounds really good; I had only seen the main lounge menu. I totally would get the Cliff Dweller so I can have that Porg souvenir cup, lol.

Postby Jew » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:32 pm

Keep in mind Breakfast is only until 10AM. You would have to get into the bar early enough to be able to get the breakfast menu!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:40 pm

I'm fascinated to see what happens, when June 24th rolls around. :)

And by the way.... Happy 60th Birthday Monorail ~ Matterhorn ~ Submarine!

I rode all three with my mom back in 1963, when I was ten! I'm pretty sure neither of us realized at the time,
that we were riding an honest-to-goodness ROLLER COASTER when we rode Matterhorn. Both sides. And...
we loved it! Both sides! But to this day, and many more visits...left side is still The Best Side IMhO. :wink:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:03 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:I'm horrified to see what happens, when June 24th rolls around. :)

FTFY :lmao:

As it stands, the wife and I are planning on visiting DLR during the first week of December. Usually then you'll miss the full holiday crowds while still getting the holiday events. I'm curious how psycho it'll be this year, though, and if Rise Of The Resistance will be open.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:45 pm

^ We're visiting the Resort one week after Labor Day weekend. Don't want to be horrified, lol.
And I'm hoping by some twisted twist of fate, they soft open Resistance when we're there. :wink:

Postby Jew » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:14 pm

If you visit the park anytime the cheaper annual passes aren't blacked out, well...good luck.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:09 pm

Top 5 Disneyland Fantasyland dark rides! All shot with a "low light" 4K Camera!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:17 pm

Great video of all of them, Robb! Can I assume these were assembled in no particular order?
Otherwise, Alice > Peter for myself, personally. And Pinocchio...well, yeah. I do like Toad in the middle
of them all. That said, I say, the rides on the right as you've gone through the Castle all work for me.
And then beyond Alice, you get the Matterhorn to enjoy! Both sides! :smile:

Thanks for posting the video mix, Robb.

P.S. Now that we've found out (yes? no?) that Galaxy's Edge will not be included in Early Mornings at DL,
our plan is exactly Do The Above: Ride the right-side attractions once we're through the Castle. Then after Alice, we ride both sides of Matterhorn, and then get to and wait with the crowd, waiting for GE to open at Opening Time.

:mickey: #hopingthatworksout

p.p.s. I also read rumored...that after the 24th, the Critter Country access will be only for EXITing GE, at that time. You'll have to enter GE through the other two points. What - I read - as rumor. :wink: If so, I am sure it would eventually change to all 3 entry/exit points, because entering the forested GE from the forested CC would be so cool!
IMG_2113.JPG
My Eventual "DL Early Morning Destination" ~ Left Side for the Win!

Postby Jew » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:02 pm

The instructions for "boarding passes" when the land fills to capacity will tell you what entrance to enter at. I can't imagine they will go away from alternating the entrances to keep people from all crowding around one area waiting for their time.

I suspect they'll have cast members at all three entrances counting the amount of people entering/exiting until it's at capacity. They would likely have put that information out already as part of "know before you go" if they wanted to limit it to certain entrances.
Last edited by Jew on Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:10 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!