Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 928 - Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Media Preview!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby Jew » Fri May 31, 2019 3:26 pm

DBJ wrote:Thanks for the excellent coverage! Love all the videos. Can't get in until after reservation period. Just pulled up the app, Smugglers Run has 30 min line. Looks like reservation system worked really well for that ride.

The ride was probably the least of Disney's worries since it appears to be very high capacity. Savi's workshop & Oga's Cantina will likely have MUCH higher wait times than the ride. Reports are you will not be allowed to line up for the Cantina in the last hour of your reservation, so that's pretty telling...

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby TurnOfTheCentury » Fri May 31, 2019 5:17 pm

when Robb said something like "this is Tokyo DisneySea" quality, that's all I need to know .... SOLD

Postby Jew » Fri May 31, 2019 5:31 pm

TurnOfTheCentury wrote:when Robb said something like "this is Tokyo DisneySea" quality, that's all I need to know .... SOLD

Within the land, the detail is incredible and the sight lines are designed to tune out Disneyland. The audio is even louder by the train to hide the noise from the train passing. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, so I can't truly appreciate every detail since things in the land span the entire Star Wars universe (seen the movies. Not Clone Wars cartoon or any of the comics/novels), but I know it all looked incredible and Star Wars fans will be in heaven.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri May 31, 2019 6:29 pm

For those who have now been in the place... do you think the four hours allotment for this first opening period, will be enough (for now) for those to get (at least) one Falcon ride in, and/or then eating and buying and "sight seeing" everywhere?

Just curious, thanks. :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Fri May 31, 2019 8:42 pm

incredible immersion by Disney (the attention to detail is pretty mind blowing), and some fantastic pics and video Robb and Team TPR.

looks like y'all had a great time, and even tho I'm not a big Star Wars fan, I look forwards to visiting this in upcoming years.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:10 am

Awesome coverage, as always, Robb! I really enjoy seeing these reports, and can't wait to check it out for myself!

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:49 am

Nrthwnd wrote:For those who have now been in the place... do you think the four hours allotment for this first opening period, will be enough (for now) for those to get (at least) one Falcon ride in, and/or then eating and buying and "sight seeing" everywhere?

Just curious, thanks. :smile:

This is a difficult questions to answer, because we do not know how many people Disney plans on letting in for every reservation period and day. It could be increasing as we get closer to the actual opening. That being said, when I went on June 1st, there was plenty of time for all of that. We did food, shopping (in the market), pictures, cantina, Falcon (Single Rider). With maybe 15-20 minutes to spare. The issues that people will run into are the things with the lines: Ogas Cantina, Savi's Workshop, Dok-Ondar's, and Droid Depot. You're likely only going to have to choose 1 or 2 because they will cut off lines at some point.

Again, this is only for the reservation period, after that you're welcome to stand in all the lines you want!

Postby Jew » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:07 am

There’s no way you’ll get a chance to see everything in the 4 hour window. However, you can definitely eat, ride (multiple times), and do at least one of the droid/lightsaber/cantina.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby ryder » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:17 pm

I don't know if it's credible, but one twitter account was claiming that after that opening weekend, they are now taking text reservations for the Cantina. If true, it'd be like a restaurant: you check in, given them your number, and when they're ready to seat you, you get a text. That way you're free to enjoy other shopping and whatnot instead of wasting your time in that line.

If it's not true, it ought to be. :) If others visit in the near future, confirmation would be welcome. I'd also appreciate confirmation if they're allowing multiple rides on SR, or instead marking your wristband and only allowing one ride.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:37 pm

^ Except in the Cantina, there's hardly any seating at all in there. From what I've seen in video tours of it. Mostly stand up. So texting a reservation to stand in a bar? Well ok, if that's what you want to do. And when Resistance finally opens, that should (maybe?) change the queuing times for other stuff like Cantina. Then again, Peter Pan is still pop-u-lar, with big queues, after all these years.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!