Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Fri May 10, 2019 12:32 pm

I can just imagine a platoon of storm troopers herding guests together
who've overstayed their time slot, then slowly accompanying them out of Galaxy's Edge. :lol:

Fri May 10, 2019 12:34 pm

"They're overdue to leave! Blast them!"

Fri May 10, 2019 5:42 pm

^ Well, I thought my idea was a bit... kinder. :lmao:

Fri May 10, 2019 11:58 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:I can just imagine a platoon of storm troopers herding guests together
who've overstayed their time slot, then slowly accompanying them out of Galaxy's Edge. :lol:

tenor.gif
tenor.gif (688.9 KiB) Viewed 1139 times

Tue May 14, 2019 7:46 am

BlahBlahson wrote:I do hope that there is opportunity to acquire a "walk-in" reservation, I have a strong disdain for any system that does not accommodate for those who don't have their lives in order to plan specific dates or time slots far in advance.

Well, Iger did say that the land is opening a month early, and for that month, an entry reservation is required. Think of this as a soft open.. because, that's basically how this seeming to operate.

Tue May 14, 2019 9:15 am

Garet wrote: Although I wonder how many people will make the most of their time in the land and jump into the line 5 minutes before their time-slot is up.

This was my plan, but I saw on another credible site that they will not allow people to do this. Although how that will be enforced, and if so, when the cut of time would be, was not clear.

The same site said they do intended to offer single rider line, even for the previews, so that may be helpful if it pans out.

Tue May 14, 2019 10:20 am

ryder wrote:
Garet wrote: Although I wonder how many people will make the most of their time in the land and jump into the line 5 minutes before their time-slot is up.

This was my plan, but I saw on another credible site that they will not allow people to do this. Although how that will be enforced, and if so, when the cut of time would be, was not clear.

The same site said they do intended to offer single rider line, even for the previews, so that may be helpful if it pans out.

Simple: Cut off the line at whatever time they feel their hourly capacity can handle. If they know there's 5000 (or whatever the number is per reservation timeslot) people in the land, and their ride can only do 1500pph, you stop entry into the ride roughly an hour before the timeslot is over to ensure they cycle out on time.

Downtime will be the real wildcard. Do you allow those people to stay? Or do you just give them a bunch of readmits for rest of park and kick them out anyways?

Tue May 14, 2019 11:32 am

^That's very easy on the operations side of things, but how is a guest supposed to know how many people are in the line/ride capacity? Let alone the possible downtime you mention.

Tue May 14, 2019 11:37 am

The Cast Members will know... and then stand at the entrance, to tell people the attraction is now closed.

Tue May 14, 2019 1:14 pm

Sounds like that might be the case haha.

https://mashable.com/article/star-wars-galaxys-edge-time-limit/
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS