Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 928 - Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Media Preview!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby Jew » Fri May 03, 2019 9:25 am

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:And everyone over 18 must show a government ID.

Yet, somehow, a person with a Hotel reservation is selling a reservation spot for $1500. It's not totally clear though if they would actually be able to do this. And, I would guess, if they get caught, there will be consequences.

My husband was fortunate enough to get a reservation, so were going the first saturday!! I can not wait!!!

My friends have a hotel reservation...the same policy applied. Names had to be given in advance. I suppose they could try some excuse like "oh, my wife couldn't make it anymore so I brought my sister in law" or some excuse to see if the hotel will change it, but I would assume they are also being strict with that.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Fri May 03, 2019 9:37 am

Good to know! I am glad they did the same thing for the Hotel Guests. I'd guess it would still be difficult for a person to change the name on a SWGE reservation, even using the reasoning you mentioned. Especially now that it's known someone is trying to sell one.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby francesgalla » Sun May 05, 2019 12:40 am

jedimaster1227 wrote:http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/blue-sky-cellar-welcomes-the-radiator-springs-historical-societys-museum-of-the-history-of-radiator-springs/

rsm118935LARGE.jpg

On June 8, the Blue Sky Cellar at Disney California Adventure park will host a brand-new exhibit: The Radiator Springs Historical Society’s Museum of the History of Radiator Springs. This is your chance to learn all about the history of Radiator Springs as we get ready for the arrival of its famous residents in Cars Land on June 15!

According to Sally Carerra, president of the Radiator Springs Historical Society, “The items in this museum have been kindly donated by dear friends and neighbors, the residents of Radiator Springs.” So be sure to stop by Blue Sky Cellar for your Radiator Springs history lesson before you motor around the corner to Cars Land!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/travel-back-in-time-with-mater-time-travel-mater-to-premiere-june-15-at-disney-california-adventure-park-and-june-16-on-abc/

The movie “Cars” took us on an unforgettable road trip down Route 66 and dropped us off in Radiator Springs, the quaint little town that’s located on the famous Mother Road. But how did Radiator Springs come to be? Who rolled down an empty road and parked himself on that very spot, creating the place that would change Lightning McQueen forever? Mater knows. Check out this exclusive clip from “Time Travel Mater” and travel back in time with Mater to the beginning of Radiator Springs. Then tune into ABC for “Cars” on June 16 from 8-11 p.m./7-10 p.m. Central to see “Time Travel Mater” in its entirety. You’ll also be treated to a special tour of Cars Land by Larry the Cable Guy throughout the film. “Time Travel Mater” will debut here at the Disneyland Resort in Blue Sky Cellar at Disney California Adventure park beginning June 15. Enjoy!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/the-mad-t-party-has-built-an-amazing-house-of-cards/

Just inside the Rabbit Hole, and just beyond the main stage of the Mad T Party, a house has been built – a House of Cards, that is!

hoc111222LARGE.jpg

With towering A-frame architecture, brilliant lighting, vibrant projections and a giant triangular LED video wall, this entire area of the party has been “stacked” with an array of amazing “opportuni-Ts” to delight the maddest of Hatters!

Situated below the impressive structure is our House of Cards stage, providing a performance space for two incredible entertainment acts. The first of these is the Mad Hatter’s personal dance crew … the one, the only, the Hottest Deck in Town!

hoc222333LARGE.jpg

This “suit” of sensationally hot dancers lays all their cards on the table and deals out moves that will have “everybody shufflin’!” Their names are Club, Diamond, Spade and Heart, and this four-of-a-kind loves to play for a Full House! We’re sure that you’ll love this winning hand!

In addition, slinking its way onto the House of Cards stage is a specialty act called “WHO R U?”

hoc333444LARGE.jpg

This transformational treat dances, twists, morphs, stretches, bends and jiggles … leaving us to wonder, “Where’s its head?” This unique performance is visually mesmerizing and surprisingly humorous. So if U R ready for something fun and entertaining, then “WHO R U?” is a must-see for U!

As if all that amazing entertainment’s not enough, the House of Cards becomes the hottest place to show off your dance moves while the White Rabbit DJ is spinning! And at the nearby House of Cards lounge, you’ll find an assortment of deliciously curious beverage concoctions perfect for quenching the cravings of even the thirstiest Bandersnatch!

T Time is quickly approaching! The table has been set, muchness has been prepared, and we have almost crossed every “T” in the party. It all officially begins June 15 at Disney California Adventure park. Are you ready for T?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/five-years-of-expansion-at-the-disneyland-resort/

The last five years have brought many magical changes and additions to the Disneyland Resort. As we continue to count down the days to the completion of this multi-year expansion, take a look back with us and discover all the new and re-imagined experiences that have made the Happiest Place on Earth even happier!

Click on the image below to see our Disneyland Resort expansion timeline, a clickable interactive resort map, behind-the-scenes features and more!

dca118956SMALL.jpg

Toy Story Mania!, Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, Cars Land…what has been your favorite feature of the five-year Disneyland Resort expansion?

I love House of Cards and the giant triangular LED video wall is definitely a topper to the experience.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Thu May 09, 2019 7:19 pm

Saw online that Disney will be using wristbands with the time slots to try and control the crowds when Galaxy Edge opens. People, who are outside their time-slots will be denied service, assuming that means they can't line-up for the ride or buy drinks/food outside of their slots, perhaps even not be allowed to buy merchandise too perhaps.

Interesting to note is that they are saying they're going to try and keep the line under 2 hours for Millenium Falcon during the opening months so those 4 hours aren't just spent in one line, so people can spend half their time waiting for the ride and half looking around. Although I wonder how many people will make the most of their time in the land and jump into the line 5 minutes before their time-slot is up.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu May 09, 2019 8:16 pm

^ Hope this all works out for them. Disney AND the eager public. :mickey:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby BlahBlahson » Fri May 10, 2019 5:16 am

The reservation system is basically everything I was hoping Disney would do for the Land's opening. Instead of ride Fastpasses, do a Fastpass for the whole land to preserve the experience of everything, and force people to line up for the main attraction if they want to commit to it (rather than a 20 minute wait for hotel guests/vips/advanced planners and a 3 hour wait for anyone else).

I do hope that there is opportunity to acquire a "walk-in" reservation, I have a strong disdain for any system that does not accommodate for those who don't have their lives in order to plan specific dates or time slots far in advance.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Postby Garet » Fri May 10, 2019 5:49 am

BlahBlahson wrote:I do hope that there is opportunity to acquire a "walk-in" reservation, I have a strong disdain for any system that does not accommodate for those who don't have their lives in order to plan specific dates or time slots far in advance.

This system is only for dates between May 31 and June 23. Beginning June 24, anyone who goes to the park can visit. They’ll just have to wait in a newly designed “virtual queue system” which works a bit differently from the traditional Fastpass. Visitors will be able to log on using the Disneyland app (or at special kiosks in the park) and see if Galaxy’s Edge is open for walk-ups, or if they need to join a Boarding Group. If they join a Boarding Group, they’re free to walk around and do whatever until they get a notification on their phone. At that point, they have two hours to enter Galaxy’s Edge. Once inside, there is no limit on how long they can stay.

Source
Last edited by Garet on Fri May 10, 2019 5:50 am.

Postby Garet » Fri May 10, 2019 5:49 am

Double post sorry.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri May 10, 2019 11:20 am

BlahBlahson wrote:I do hope that there is opportunity to acquire a "walk-in" reservation, I have a strong disdain for any system that does not accommodate for those who don't have their lives in order to plan specific dates or time slots far in advance.

Like for us, i.e. no cell phones. :)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri May 10, 2019 12:17 pm

Garet wrote:Saw online that Disney will be using wristbands with the time slots to try and control the crowds when Galaxy Edge opens. People, who are outside their time-slots will be denied service, assuming that means they can't line-up for the ride or buy drinks/food outside of their slots, perhaps even not be allowed to buy merchandise too perhaps.

Interesting to note is that they are saying they're going to try and keep the line under 2 hours for Millenium Falcon during the opening months so those 4 hours aren't just spent in one line, so people can spend half their time waiting for the ride and half looking around. Although I wonder how many people will make the most of their time in the land and jump into the line 5 minutes before their time-slot is up.

I would hope they also force those people to leave the land, not just deny them service. Otherwise people will just hang out to soak in the atmosphere and it'll be too full to admit new guests...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!