Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 928 - Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Media Preview!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby Chiselphane » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:29 pm

Norwegian coasterfan wrote:They should do what Europa Park did with Wodan Timburcoaster and install toilets halfway through the line.

The Cyclone at Six Flags New England (back when it was Riverside,anyways) had these. They were, to understate it to a vast extent, unpleasant; to the point that they were so foul that most people just either waited or left the line, and they were eventually removed. Now granted a Disney level of service means an in-queue bathroom wouldn't be neglected to that degree but I can't imagine the effort it would take to implement; think of how much restructuring not just the queue would need but you'd have to worry about pipes, cast member access, all that.

Big agree with Steve, I'm glad they're at least trying something. Sometimes you just have to have a go (oh no, a pun) at an idea to see if it'll work.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:10 pm

SteVeUrkle wrote:
A.J. wrote:Time will tell if people start taking advantage of it (in a bad way)...

Eventually you leave 1 person in line, and a family of 6 will "come back from the bathroom" 45 mins later after riding the Matterhorn. Leave it to people in California to take advantage of a system that's designed to make *everyone's* experience (most especially those 1 time visitors) more enjoyable, and they'll exploit it. I don't know why some people think they're "better" than everyone else waiting their turn in line, and why it's so hard to just play by the rules.

I do however think it is great that Disnelyland is attempting to make this policy available. I don't think they should, because it just opens up a can of worms, but I gotta hand it to them for trying.

There's your answer. There's a few of them in every area, but SoCal is jam packed with me first @$$holes. If following the rules requires even the slightest bit of effort, the rules are ignored. That attitude does not stop at Disneyland's entrance gates.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:41 am

That's a really good point in terms of multi day tickets, hotels, and increased AP prices. And Carsland was a huge success no denying that. But nothing else has been. The Little Mermaid and Paradise Pier particularly, but even GotG. Attendance has not been growing every year since Carsland that just isn't true. It has been completely stagnant for 3 years now from 2015-2017, and there's no good reason to believe 2018 was better when the only changes made was turning the entire Paradise Pier and Bugsland into a construction site.

Sorry, I stand corrected. From 2015-2016, attendance was slightly down by 88,000. It then rebounded by 279,000 from 2016-2017. The 2018 TEA report isn't out yet to see how last year was. So I suppose you can call it stagnant since the gains have been relatively minor over the last 3 years. However, the only thing that matters is revenue for the entire resort. As I said, as long as they keep selling multi-day tickets, hotel packages, ever increasing prices on AP passes, food/merch...the park is very much a success post carsland.

It was never intended to stand on its own, but initially failed from being so "value engineered" to the point people didn't want to spend an entire extra day or two at the resort. They were in and out in a few hours, but that is clearly no longer the case.

I don't think you understand that not everything is intended to drive major attendance gains. Adding capacity and length of stay in the resort=more revenue from the real profit driving parts of the resort (hotel, food, retail).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:18 pm

Chiselphane wrote:
Norwegian coasterfan wrote:They should do what Europa Park did with Wodan Timburcoaster and install toilets halfway through the line.

The Cyclone at Six Flags New England (back when it was Riverside,anyways) had these. They were, to understate it to a vast extent, unpleasant; to the point that they were so foul that most people just either waited or left the line, and they were eventually removed. Now granted a Disney level of service means an in-queue bathroom wouldn't be neglected to that degree but I can't imagine the effort it would take to implement; think of how much restructuring not just the queue would need but you'd have to worry about pipes, cast member access, all that.

Big agree with Steve, I'm glad they're at least trying something. Sometimes you just have to have a go (oh no, a pun) at an idea to see if it'll work.

Of course that's something Europa would do! I'm horrified what those restrooms must have looked like at SFNE/Riverside.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:49 am

It has just been announced that Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway will open at Mickey's Toontown in Disneyland Park in 2022!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2019/04/mickey-minnies-runaway-railway-to-roll-into-disneyland-park/

mbhgyu7898-768x430.jpg

We have an exciting announcement to share! Disneyland park guests will be able to step into a cartoon world and join Mickey and his friends on Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, coming to Mickey’s Toontown in 2022!

This first major Mickey-themed ride-through attraction at Disneyland park will put you inside the wacky and unpredictable world of a Mickey Mouse cartoon short where anything can happen! Once you step into the cartoon world of Mickey and Minnie, you’ll board a train with Goofy as the engineer. Then, one magical moment after the next leads you to a zany, out-of-control adventure filled with surprising twists and turns.

With an original story and lovable theme song, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway uses state-of-the-art technologies and dazzling visual effects to transform the cartoon world into an incredible and immersive multi-dimensional experience.

Earlier today, Disneyland Resort President Josh D’Amaro shared a fun photo of him getting a sneak peek of the plans!

Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway is also planned to open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World Resort in spring 2020.

Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for updates on this exciting addition to Mickey’s Toontown, including special details that promise to make this amazing attraction unique for Disneyland park guests.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby bert425 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:33 am

hmmm. . . . does this mean Roger Rabbit's CarToon Spin is on it's way out, to reuse the building?

(I don't recall much space to put a *new construction* attraction like this in the ToonTown area).. . .
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:38 am

bert425 wrote:hmmm. . . . does this mean Roger Rabbit's CarToon Spin is on it's way out, to reuse the building?

(I don't recall much space to put an attraction like this in the ToonTown area).. . .

Negative. It's taking up backstage space.

Postby bert425 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:39 am

Jew wrote:
bert425 wrote:hmmm. . . . does this mean Roger Rabbit's CarToon Spin is on it's way out, to reuse the building?

(I don't recall much space to put an attraction like this in the ToonTown area).. . .

Negative. It's taking up backstage space.

that's GREAT news, thanks!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:52 am

Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 2.50.28 PM.png

Having been back there myself several times, I'm pretty sure those two buildings to the left of Gadget's Go Coaster are just double-wide trailers. And the building just above Mickey's House probably could be re-purposed as well.

Postby bert425 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:42 pm

^ wow. . that is quite a bit of room in the backstage area.

thanks for sharing that pic!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!