Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 928 - Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Media Preview!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:03 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Yes. You'll create a Fastpass Group in the Disneyland app and you can manage everyone's Fastpasses at once.

Thanks!!

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:08 pm

prospekt88 wrote:Attendance has not been growing every year since Carsland that just isn't true. It has been completely stagnant for 3 years now from 2015-2017, and there's no good reason to believe 2018 was better when the only changes made was turning the entire Paradise Pier and Bugsland into a construction site.

To be fair, Disneyland's attendance was effectively stagnant during that period as well. Still a lot higher than Disney California Adventure, because duh, but both parks had gains for 2015, declines for 2016, and gains for 2017. But even then, 2016 was a decline year for every Disney park except Shanghai Disneyland, and the top 25 parks worldwide as a collective unit, by just over 1 percent.

Disney California Adventure will never be at the level of Disneyland in terms of first-park-visited-during-the-day attendance but it doesn't need to be. While there are certainly some remnants of the "cheap and cheerful" old days still around (Hollywood Land comes to mind), the park still looks great and will likely still continue to be successful.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:24 pm

prospekt88 wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Oh man, anecdotal evidence? Wow, if I had known you were gonna bring the big guns....

When you say something like "I don't have any data but I doubt anyone is only going to DCA..." what the hell are you expecting someone to come back with except for anecdotal evidence haha.

What are you talking about? Disney publishes data, we know the statistical trends. They're one of a very few companies who do publish this.

What we don't have are granular data; i.e. the Jones family went to DCA on Monday, but the Smith family went to DL. They have that stuff because you scan your ticket or annual pass; they just don't publish it for obvious reasons.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby prospekt88 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:30 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Obviously I don't have granular data like that, but I think it's safe to say that no one is going to DCA and not to Disneyland.

As you said they don't provide this data, so all I'm saying is anecdotal evidence is all there is for me to go off of. And in my case that evidence would prove your assumption isn't safe to say. Don't think that's completely ridiculous of me.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:11 pm

Hahaha, okay dude. But you may say differently after you've taken a statistics class from your local accredited university.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby wmay » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:06 pm

Can we go back to talking about how a lady pirate by way of PC culture is ruining Walt's legacy or something?

Top Parks: DisneySea. The end.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:09 pm

If you’re planning on braving the long lines anticipated for the opening of Disneyland’s Star Wars ride, the theme park has a few solutions to make the experience more enjoyable instead of just saying, “May the force be with you.”

When Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run opens at the new Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge land May 31, guests who struggle to hold their bladder in line can ask for a bathroom pass, which will allow them to use the restroom and not lose their spot, alleviating the need for Jedi-worthy self control.

Disneyland Resort will also provide entertainment both in-person and through their mobile app to make guests’ experience in line more pleasant. This may be done through character performances, trivia conducted by a cast member or games that are accessible on mobile phones — all of which will be themed to the ever-popular film series. Snacks and drinks will also be available for purchase while guests are waiting.

Details have not yet been released about how the bathroom pass process will work, and Disney officials tell PEOPLE that this initiative is actually not a new one, as the park works to accommodate guests who need to hop out of line for any reason all year round.

Source

Is this an old policy? For some reason, I thought that hopping out of the line for any reason at Disney was frowned upon and you had to go before getting in line so as not to disrupt other guests. I've seen bathroom passes in Korea but I've seen guests hop out with the kids for the bathroom at the very start of the line and come back 25-40 minutes later at the end with a whole bunch of snacks.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:17 pm

From what I understand, this IS a new policy. They're currently offering it on Avatar Flight of Passage. A guest can ask the cast member at the "pulse" point in the caves area for the pass (which is a lanyard with a plastic card), then the guest goes out to use the restroom and waits at the merge point for their party (EDIT: after re-entering through the FastPass Plus entrance).

If you've ridden Avatar Flight of Passage lately you'll notice a gaggle of people that hang out near the exit doors before the link chambers. I'm pretty sure those are people who have returned with their passes. Time will tell if people start taking advantage of it (in a bad way), but someone will probably figure it out sooner or later.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby SteVeUrkle » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:21 pm

A.J. wrote:Time will tell if people start taking advantage of it (in a bad way)...

Eventually you leave 1 person in line, and a family of 6 will "come back from the bathroom" 45 mins later after riding the Matterhorn. Leave it to people in California to take advantage of a system that's designed to make *everyone's* experience (most especially those 1 time visitors) more enjoyable, and they'll exploit it. I don't know why some people think they're "better" than everyone else waiting their turn in line, and why it's so hard to just play by the rules.

I do however think it is great that Disnelyland is attempting to make this policy available. I don't think they should, because it just opens up a can of worms, but I gotta hand it to them for trying.
Live Cedar Point Queue Times: https://queue-times.com/parks/50/queue_times

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Norwegian coasterfan » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:57 pm

They should do what Europa Park did with Wodan Timburcoaster and install toilets halfway through the line.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!