Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 928 - Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Media Preview!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:34 pm

Guests planning to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Park between May 31 and June 23, 2019, will need valid theme park admission and will be required to make a no-cost reservation, subject to availability, to access the land. Information on how to make a reservation will be available at a later date on Disneyland.com and the Disney Parks Blog. Guests staying at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels during these dates will receive a designated reservation to access Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during their stay (one reservation per registered guest); valid theme park admission is required.

For any non-local who doesn't have chance to wait out the crowds, dropping $600 on a hotel room to guarantee their family access to Star Wars on their once in a lifetime Disney vacation would be well worth it.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:03 pm

I'm sure they'll also be announcing a high priced private event as well. Good for them for squeezing every dollar out of the land.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:13 am

So I'm planning on going during the week of May 13. I do want to experience Galaxy's Edge eventually, but I'm not someone that NEEDS to right as it opens. I'm fine with waiting a couple years. As someone who lives across the country and only gets there a couple times per decade, I don't want my entire Disney experience hampered by insane crowds. Is that solid logic, or am I crazy? :lol:

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby bigboy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:01 am

Sounds like you're going a couple of weeks before the hard opening. That said, I was pretty surprised by the crowds at DL on my trip 3 years ago. We picked a random late-July Wednesday and it was about as busy as I've ever seen any park I've visited. That was a little shocking, especially when we were tricked into thinking we had hit the jackpot by relatively light crowds at DCA the day before. I can't imagine what it's like on a weekend or holiday or in the days after Galaxy's Edge opens.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:54 pm

With the annual pass program, the only time Disneyland will not be busy is if it rains and scares locals away.

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:34 pm

Oh no doubt. The last time I went a few years ago was in July with heavy crowds. But it was very manageable with FastPass, and we plan to fully utilize that again. I'm wondering if there will be a noticeable volume influx after opening throughout the rest of the parks, versus a few weeks before. ^But like you said, busy is busy.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Satans Hockey » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:31 pm

Disney is banning smoking and ridiculously big strollers in the California and Florida parks. I like it...

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/disney-smoking-stroller-restrictions/index.html
Last edited by Satans Hockey on Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:34 am.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:41 pm

Seems like a reasonable policy. Should help ease the massive overcrowding the Disney parks are about to see.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:39 pm

Of course, the only ones who have a problem with these policies are the smokers who don't care about anyone else breathing their disgusting smoke and the obnoxious a-holes that have no qualms about blocking pathways with their double-wide strollers.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:47 am

^ I have the feeling, that if they try and do this in the Paris parks,
there will be another Bastille Day Riot, this one against Disney. :wink:

As for the Asian parks....who knows? :mickey:

P.S. Note...it was the Paris park that fought for the right of male cast members
to sport facial hair...the old rule now feels/looks so antiquated....AND serving alcohol
within a Magic Kingdom. Any Magic Kingdom. Paris started the trend.
IMG_2356.JPG
Can't wait to see Mater again, this September in DCA! (taken Sept.15~2016)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!