Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 923: Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway announced for 2022
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:13 am

Shut It Down wrote:Disney needs to stop complaining about no land and start doing something with the land they got!!

I'm with you on Hollywood Land but I wouldn't expect a replacement for a long while, at least until after the new Avengers land is finished.

As for the unused buildings at Downtown Disney District? The whole reason those buildings were closed in the first place was for the then-upcoming fourth resort hotel. When the city said, "nah, no tax breaks for you", Disney pulled the plug. That was very recently, you can't expect Disney to come up with a completely new plan overnight.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:03 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:Even if you don't have early entry access to the rides (they make you show your hotel ID for those), they let you into the park

Does anyone know if this is the case with both extra magic hour and magic morning? I didn't realize until now that these are two different things but apparently Friday is just an extra magic hour day. :lol:

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:18 pm

I learned the hard way there was a distinction between them during my visit 2 weeks ago. I was all set for an early morning at California Adventure before realizing Magic Morning only worked at Disneyland.

On the bright side, they did start letting people into Disneyland 15-20 minutes early, so it seems like they open the gate a little early anyway which still let me get a FastPass ready for use at opening.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Eiffel Tower & Nigloland

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:32 pm

coasterbill wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:Even if you don't have early entry access to the rides (they make you show your hotel ID for those), they let you into the park

Does anyone know if this is the case with both extra magic hour and magic morning? I didn't realize until now that these are two different things but apparently Friday is just an extra magic hour day. :lol:

The basic difference is that the Magic Morning is only at Disneyland. If you have a three-day or longer ticket, you can get in once. Early Magic Hour is just for resort guests, and is offered at both parks, alternating between the two. On days that have Magic Morning, Early Magic Hour is offered at the same time. They should scan your ticket and allow you to get in for Magic Morning if you have a qualifying ticket. They'll ask you for a hotel key only if you try to get into an Early Magic Hour and not a Magic Morning, or if your ticket doesn't qualify.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:56 pm

Last time I was there, the Magic Mornings were on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For Disneyland.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby coasterbill » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:33 pm

Okay, so I won’t rush to get there for the start of the magic hour then. I don’t have a qualifying ticket and would only bother if I could enter the park and reserve my first Maxpass early (even though I couldn’t ride anything until 9:00).

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:42 pm

Okay, without an early entry ticket, you have two options: 1) Go to DCA first; you can get in there 30 minutes early (just to the Carthay Circle area until rope drop) and theoretically should be able to get a Maxpass reservation. I say theoretically because last time I was there was before Maxpass, but from what I read, it should be possible once you're through the gates. 2) Get a breakfast reservation for the Plaza Inn. They'll let you in the gate early and you go straight to the restaurant, where again, theoretically you should be able to make a Maxpass reservation.

Postby coasterbill » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:50 pm

Okay cool. What time do they generally open the gates at the other park (assuming I don’t reserve breakfast)?

If it’s about the same time I’d imagine that I’m better off just going there, rope dropping something and reserving Radiator Springs Racers on the way to whatever we’re rope dropping, right?
Last edited by coasterbill on Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:56 pm.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:55 pm

Usually about 10 minutes or so prior to official opening, they'll let you into Main Street.

Postby coasterbill » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:00 pm

Okay cool. So is it super stupid to go to DCA to activate Maxpass, reserve Racers as soon as I get through the gate and if my reservation time isn’t right near opening just walk right out and rope drop Space Mountain or something at the other park? :lol:

Sorry for the dumb questions, I know nothing about Disneyland. Nothing...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!