TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Arrow Coaster

Please forgive me if this has been done before, I did a quick search and couldn't find it...

Arrow coasters will always hold a special place in my heart. I'm just curious what one is your favorite...it can be any Arrow coaster still standing or defunct as long as it is pre S&S. I'm going to stick a rule in here though, X is not allowed......too easy.

My personal favorite is, and always will be, Drachen Fire....despite it's problems I always had a good time while riding it.....I miss it.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although Dexter Frebish's Electric Roller Ride (later Excalibur at SFAW) was my first coaster and holds a special place in my heart, I'll go with Big Bad Wolf.

The DFERR was called "the coolest coaster in the world" by the band "Dexter Freebish" that named themselves after it... sorta.

I'm a big fan of Arrow suspended coasters especially Top Gun and Big Bad Wolf which are still good rides to this day. And Loch Ness Monster with the interlocking loops has got to be one of the best looking coasters ever built. And it's close to 30 years old.

This too easily goes to Tennessee Tornado. It's smooth, it's really intense, has an absolutely bizarre loop (you have to experience it to understand the twisting motion it does), and has one of my favorite drops of all time.

But, if we only consider coasters built up to the mid-90's, where Arrow displayed the style they are known for (coathangers, tiny loops 7000 ft in the air), then I think I have to go with Vortex. I know most people hate the ride but I truly love it. The drop in the back is sick, it's intense, and I've never found the coaster to be all THAT rough.

I've been on GASM at SFGADV on a train that just had a major refurb and couldn't believe how fast and relatively smooth the ride was. I think unfortunately most Arrow rides out there are getting pretty well neglected ; most of them in their day were truly spectacular but they tend to get bashed because they're compared with newer rides built with modern technology.

My favorite Arrow coaster would be Big Bad Wolf at Busch gardens Europe. The coaster is very smooth, has amazing theming, and you can't beat the drop over the Rhine! Coming in second would probably be Great American Scream Machine as Six Flags Great Adventure.