Hersheypark Announces Fahrenheit!

All 14 Photos - Page 85!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:06 am

It certainly does look like Speed Monster. Great observation Elissa. I didn't really notice it from the concepts of the ride, but seeing it built, it certainly does seem like a Speed Monster-esque ride without the launch. It should certainly be a popular ride. I'll need to find time in my schedule to make it to the park this year, probably for their Halloween event.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:08 am

When the layout was first released, I thought it resembled Speed Monster a lot, and it seems like a lot of other people did too. As great as this coaster will be, it seems a little out of place at Hershey Park, but maybe that is just me. With Speed Monster close by, it has a sort of repetitive look to it. If this was going to Lake Compounce or a park like SFGAM as it would stand out as there would be no similar looking rides around.(let alone in the same park) That being said, this will still be a great ride, and even though it looks similar to Storm Runner, Fahrenheit should be a great addition to Hershey Park.

If anyone is interested, websitefullofdouchebags has added an update of construction.

websitefullofdouchebags Update

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:13 am

I'm not really a fan of the Storm Runner argument. The only resemblance I see is that there is red track, and it is Intamin. Should I list the differences? Plus, I don't really think anyone outside of our nerdy community is going to care, let alone know, that they are both Intamin rides. A good marketing strategy and all people know is that there is a new and exciting ride at the park - and then they will come - and then hopefully ride it and be merry.

SLC's Rule!

Postby kennywood!007 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:21 pm

Wow, the Norwegian Loop looks HUGE!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby NachoR » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:32 pm

How is Speed Monster nearby? It's in like Norway, isn't it? I do sort of agree that it is sort of out of place, but I guess there's no stopping Hershey Park now, is there? Lotsa questions.

:)

I got a job at Hershey this summer as a games clerk in the Comet Hollow area. I had training on Saturday the 22nd, and I got to walk through the park. I didn't get a good view of the station, but from what I saw, it seemed HUGE. I did want to bring my camera, but I figured it would be inappropriate for training. I guess having my job in the Midway America section would have benefited more, but oh well. The following link is my rendering of what I saw...

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q29/ ... enheit.jpg

I know, I'm no Picasso. I didn't finish the track, because I don't remember it all. Hopefully I can get down to Hershey sometime soon (it's 20-30 minutes away) and snap some photos for everyone.

Make sure you visit Hershey this year and come visit me! I'm working five days in April so far. It sucks it's only $6.50 and hour. Oh well. I got paid $22.67 today for my orientation! It's not much, but it's a start.

Also, at my orientation, they told us that Hershey is apparently doing so well that they had enough income/cash to build two large attractions in a row (Boardwalk last year, Fahrenheit this year) as opposed to other years with one large attraction followed by a smaller one (Roller Soaker in '02 & The Claw in '03). Maybe it's because the prices keep going up and the people are still coming. Well I gotta go.

I'll see you at hershey park this summer.
Imagewelcome to hersheyImage

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby yankees15 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:48 pm

Does anyone know if it will have a separate load and unload in the station? That could really increase capacity a lot.

Also, does anyone know how the lines with be at the park during Springtime in the Park on Sunday? I'm planning on going and it would be much appreciated if someone helped me out.

Cockroach and rat free since 2002!

Postby Bolliger&Mabillard » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:52 am

it sucks because it doesn't look like the west coast is getting a thrill machine in the near future. farenheight looks like it's gonna be the bizness

I'll have red wine with my slice of donkey.

Postby vacoaster » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:51 am

Half of the Norwegian Loop is Done now. Look
fahrenheit.JPG
Fahrenheit 3/26 early morning

Only 1/2 CP fanboy

Postby CP_RULES » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:13 am

Holy crap! That norloop is going to have loads of awesome hangtime. Hersheypark is definitely in my top parks to visit.
-Justin Seabaugh -Official Brake Fanboy
M-I-Z-Z-O-U ENGINEERING Go Tigers!

Cockroach and rat free since 2002!

Postby Bolliger&Mabillard » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:53 am

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: That Noreigan loop is massive! :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!