Hersheypark Announces Fahrenheit!

All 14 Photos - Page 85!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Hersheypark1907 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:07 pm

This ride will be awesome and it should add to the park but i wish they kept the Western Chute Out and thye shouldn't take out the rapids in 09. Hopefully they DON"T

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Tanks4me05 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:24 pm

^Hersheypark isn't stupid. Remember Storm Runner was advertised to intersect three rides? Capital Blue Cross Monorail, Trailblazer, and another one, I can't remember which, though. Western Chute as far as I could tell never seemed really popular whenever I went there. However, their rapids ride seemed to be VERY popular. I'm pretty sure they are not planning on taking it out anytime soon, especially a popular one such as that. HP rarely wants to take down rides - Storm Runner going around three rides, Great Bear going around Coal Cracker and Sooperdooperlooper are probably the two biggest examples of that. You need not to worry.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:20 pm

^ You are absolutly correct. The other ride you're looking for is Dry Gulch Railroad.

HP has never removed a ride that didn't need to be removed. WCO had to got since it was outdated. Not once since the 1940's has a coaster was removed from the park (execpt for the Little Comet).

And to prove the point that FH is like the other coasters in the park, here's a pic to point it out.
http://www.coasterdom.com/gallery/image.php?d=%2FHersheypark%2FFahrenheit%2FConstruction%2F03-12&p=03-05-54
That's really close to TF catering.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby bspellx5 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:50 pm

HP has never removed a ride that didn't need to be removed.

Your right about that, they rarely remove rides. One ride they removed that I didn't think made sense was the Conestoga, that was pretty popular wasn't it. And it was replaced by a Virtual Theater that no one goes to. Although, aren't Huss Rainbows really difficult to maintain or something, that could be why?

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby knowit » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:13 pm

The conestoga wagon had an updated maintanence program enacted by Huss. Part of that update was to inspect the pin that connected it to the frame daily. They decided to scrap the ride instead. it was one of my favorite rides. it is sorely missed, but Fh is going to be greatly welcomed in my book!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby asr » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:02 pm

I'm really liking the brick look of the station. Actually, the ride is great looking overall, I love the colors. For some reason I can't get enough of orange and blue painted coasters.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby fahrenheit1315 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:21 am

Well the ride is comming along great do you think that they might have a soft opening for it during hersheys springtime at the park?

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Mr Stratosphere » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:41 am

I can't wait to head to Hershey my family and I are heading out there late this May. I'm really looking forward to Fahrenheit!

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby yankees15 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:25 am

fahrenheit1315 wrote:Well the ride is comming along great do you think that they might have a soft opening for it during hersheys springtime at the park?

I would not put any money on that statement. Springtime in the Park is less than a month away. They still have to finish the track, get all the electrical components ready, build a que, finish the station, and test the trains which I don't know if they are on site yet. It's a possibility that the ride will be testing for Springtime in the Park, but even that is really pushing it.

SLC's Rule!

Postby kennywood!007 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:58 pm

I hope it's really photogenic. :D

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!