Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 428: Seaside Splashworks water play structure announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Steel Farce » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:52 am

Went to the park on Saturday night and it was probably the worst Dorney Park experience of my life. Grand Carnivale looks very well done however that area of the park is not meant to house 25,000 people. It was a total clusterfuck. Also, I was blown away by how much weed I smelled throughout the night. I was an avid pothead till my late 20s, but I barely saw any security throughout the night. There was an instance where a group was in a circle passing around green like it was nothing. Just saying that its a family environment and not yet legal. The park needs to own this issue and ramp up security.

Also, food services usually hits its stride by this point in the summer, however it was worse than ever on Saturday night. I waited for a Chicken & Shrimp basket for 20 minutes with not a single person in front of me in line. Kid left the register after taking my order and began cleaning tables/the condiment stand. Came back and asked me what I was waiting for. The girl who was "preparing" food in the back of the stand just stared at the wall and wouldn't acknowledge me.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:09 am

Wait, there are actual people at Dorney?

Postby YoshiFan » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:48 pm

Image (taken from FB)

Seeing pictures like that make me want to avoid summer weekends unless I was just going to ride coasters. Cars parked anywhere they could find space on Saturday even behind a Haunt building. I can't even imagine how bad WWK must have been.

Postby DILinator » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:48 pm

I'm starting to plan some coaster trips out for next year, and I have a question for the locals/regulars. When doesDorney Park begin weekday operation, typically? Do they have a set week that is the same every year, or is it more variable. Also, am I correct in saying that this isn't a park I need a full day to experience, given I'm not going to go to the water park? Thanks in advance!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:02 pm

^ Can't help on the start of daily weekday operations, but you definitely don't need a full day. You can comfortably do everything (coasters, flats, and water rides) in a half day.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Postby DILinator » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:08 pm

Yeah, that's what I figured from what I'd read, and heard. Thanks!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Postby YoshiFan » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:57 pm

Daily operations always begin the Friday before Memorial Day weekend.

Postby DILinator » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:44 pm

Thanks for that info! That is helpful as I plan!

Postby YoshiFan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:10 pm

https://twitter.com/DorneyParkPR/status/1160261955778732033

The lots are completely full. I know it's a Saturday in the summer but I don't think I have ever seen the park post that before.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby operative_me » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:13 pm

Yoshi fan beat me to it, but here it is, The Twilight Zone:

With added bonus of some idiot complaining about being kicked out for smoking in the comments!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!