The Official "TPR Japan Trip 2007" Thread

1/12/08 - MORE Tokyo Disney Photos - Page 89
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Eli Manning!

Postby coastercrazed49 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:26 pm

Great update!
Wow three and a half hours for a credit. Hmmm is it worth it?

Probably not.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:33 pm

coastercrazed49 wrote:Great update!
Wow three and a half hours for a credit. Hmmm is it worth it?

Probably not.

Luckily Elissa and I didn't wait that long. Since we already had all the other credits in the park we went over to Eejanaika while it was closed and waited it out.

We waited about 45 minutes for it to re-open, 60 minutes for the "exit pass" people to return, and then about 15 minutes once they let us in the queue.

So our wait was only about 2 hours. But most people in our group waited anywhere from 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours for it.

--Robb

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby jackskellington101 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:38 pm

I think I'm under the impression that the 4D coasters don't age with time as much as they just spoil. It's a shame that coasters considered real destination coasters reside in such a craptastic park and don't live up to the hype. Now I ask, which is a worse ride: Eejanaika or Manhattan Express Roller Coaster Death Machine at New York New York?

Image KidTums' face says it all. Adorable picture by the way.

Born when stamps were 2 cents

Postby OldJJman » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:50 pm

robbalvey wrote:So our wait was only about 2 hours. But most people in our group waited anywhere from 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours for it.

Someone can correct me about the time, but I believe that we waited about 2.5 hours with about 3 more trains before we rode, then it broke down. (I think that the line had only got down two 2.5 hours at this point anyway.) When they got it running, they decided it would be better to take one train off. Gawd, that sucked! Total wait was about 3:20.

jackskellington101 wrote:Now I ask, which is a worse ride: Eejanaika or Manhattan Express Roller Coaster Death Machine at New York New York?

Without a doubt, Eejanaika! In fact, I'd rather sit on Goudurix or Manhattan Express for an hour before riding that POS again! (Well, maybe not Goudurix. But you get the idea.)

ME seems like a Schwartzkopf compared to Euthanasia.

JJ

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby menzies » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:50 pm

I have one question was that really the roughness of the ride in the video or did you ride during a high magnitude earthquake?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:54 pm

menzies wrote:I have one question was that really the roughness of the ride in the video or did you ride during a high magnitude earthquake?

It felt like BOTH! :P

Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

Postby dandaman » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:09 pm

My God.

I can't even tell if Elissa is making a fake-sheer terror face or not.

But the fact that this video cussing section was even worse than Manhattan Express' says it all.

Dan "Today's show is brought to you by the word 'OMGWTFBBQDAMMIT!!1!' Smith

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:19 pm

Fuji-Q is among the worst parks in the world. There is nothing there worth riding. Except the hamster coaster.

I hope to never, ever see this place again. Unless it's featured in a documentary about dinosaurs eating it. That would be OK.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:21 pm

Dude that would make for an awesome Godzilla movie. Have dinosaurs erupt out of Mt. Fuji, then they totally stomp FujiQ to the ground on their march to Tokyo where of course Godzilla appears out of the bay to kill them all.

Steven Speilberg, are you listening???

Hot Potato!

Postby sfne2005 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:25 pm

I will comment as I am in the minority on many points of what Robb and many others said....

Jeff Waters and I hit up FujiQ a few days before the whole crew to insure we got all the credits.....and good thing because many of us didn't get them all in the one visit. On the first day we got there at opening and headed right to Eejanika. We had to wait about 20 minutes there. Dodonpa was an hour and Fujiyama was 45 minutes on this day (a weekday). The rest of the credits were short waits. That being said, the wait times on the Saturday the whole crew went was ridiculously long. And I agree with many of the comments including the silly rain rules, the inefficiency of the crews to move the lines along and the installation of such low capacity rides.

But I absolutely loved Eejanika. As a ride I will probably never ride again, I was glad it was intense and a wild ride. Dodonpa is ridiculously powerful in the launch and the punch in the gut airtime at the tophat is a must do experience. Sadly, due to the long line, I only hit it once. Fujiyama imo is an absolute blast. The airtime is really really good, the layout unique and some of the elements are cool. And you cannot beat the scenery. It is the best scenery of any park (or any place) that I have ever been to.

It is sad that the majority of us had a bad experience. It is capable of so much. But, my opinion is in the minority. I know Jeff Waters had a good time when we went alone and SteveC also enjoyed himself when he went on his side trip to FujiQ. Yes, a few of us skipped out on a 3rd of 4th day at Tokyo Disney / Disney Sea to go to FujiQ on our own!
Image[/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!