Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Yukon Striker Announced! B&M Dive Machine
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby WonderlandFan » Sat May 30, 2015 9:03 pm

CedarFair1 wrote:
WonderlandFan wrote:i have no idea what this means... the only thing i found on it was market-to-customer. and a landscaping company from the pacific northwest (USA)

It is similar to markings found out int he parking lot during Leviathan construction

My guess could be Main Column 2

That's great news! I'm almost sold on a rollercoaster now :)

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby RollerManic » Sat May 30, 2015 9:55 pm

You know, this could all just be jibberish, like how CP likes to tease enthusiasts. LOL

Are there any others yet? I'd assume we would see a "secondary" if ^ is correct. Isn't each marker color suppose to mean something? For example: water, electrical, gas, survey, etc?

NE Pancake Maker

Postby nicman » Sun May 31, 2015 6:42 am

This sounds cool
In the future, we’re going to see more hybrid-type rides such as “watercoasters,” a mix of waterslide and roller coaster. We’ll also see roller coasters using magnets instead of chains, so you won’t hear that creaking sound as you go up.
Favorite Park: CW
Favorite Ride: Leviathan

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Dom497 » Sun May 31, 2015 6:56 am

CedarFair1 wrote:
WonderlandFan wrote:i have no idea what this means... the only thing i found on it was market-to-customer. and a landscaping company from the pacific northwest (USA)

It is similar to markings found out int he parking lot during Leviathan construction

My guess could be Main Column 2

Leviathan's markings were like "C8" (Column 8). These were the stakes were found near the end of last season but have since been removed.

Leviathan construction (last two pictures): http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1070172#p1070172

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CedarFair1 » Sun May 31, 2015 8:35 am

I got a reply on the facebook page from Norm the Vice President of operations at Canada's Wonderland he said they are elevation markings or bench marks.

Nobody beats the Ziz

Postby canadianparkfan » Sun May 31, 2015 9:56 am

^Interesting. Not sure what elevation markings would be for (Possibly an elevated section of track over the pathway?). Benchmarks, however sounds like a spot for a major element of a coaster/ride.
Top 5 Steel Coasters:
1: Le Vampire, La Ronde 2: Mindbender, Galaxyland 3: Tie: Behemoth, Canada's Wonderland -- Goliath, La Ronde 4: Leviathan, Canada's Wonderland 5: Skyrider R.I.P. :(, Canada's Wonderland

Postby CedarFair1 » Sun May 31, 2015 10:19 am

canadianparkfan wrote:^Interesting. Not sure what elevation markings would be for (Possibly an elevated section of track over the pathway?). Benchmarks, however sounds like a spot for a major element of a coaster/ride.

Nah they are landscaping terms.

Nobody beats the Ziz

Postby canadianparkfan » Sun May 31, 2015 10:29 am

^Makes sense. Wonder if the landscaping is simply to fill in skyrider's old spot, or if it'll be the beginning of a plazza/entrance for the new attraction (Similar to that of behemoth and leviathan).
Top 5 Steel Coasters:
1: Le Vampire, La Ronde 2: Mindbender, Galaxyland 3: Tie: Behemoth, Canada's Wonderland -- Goliath, La Ronde 4: Leviathan, Canada's Wonderland 5: Skyrider R.I.P. :(, Canada's Wonderland

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Dom497 » Sun May 31, 2015 12:17 pm

CedarFair1 wrote:I got a reply on the facebook page from Norm the Vice President of operations at Canada's Wonderland he said they are elevation markings or bench marks.

Do you actually think he would tell you what they are for (if they were for a coaster or some other attraction)?

Postby CedarFair1 » Sun May 31, 2015 12:52 pm

Dom497 wrote:
CedarFair1 wrote:I got a reply on the facebook page from Norm the Vice President of operations at Canada's Wonderland he said they are elevation markings or bench marks.

Do you actually think he would tell you what they are for (if they were for a coaster or some other attraction)?

No I don't thus why if you saw how I asked him it was in sarcastic humor... However I do believe these markings not to be for a coaster as they are in green. Green is for landscaping thus like his response.

look they updated the reason to why Skyrider was removed on their actual website.. hmmmm
Screenshot (28).png

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!