Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1050: 2020 park and water park additions announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby Stealth1 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:38 pm

PATTYCAKES wrote:Krachenwagen, Klockwerks, Wilde Knight Mares, and Vikings Rage are the only 'adult' rides that will be open for Winterfest at Canada's Wonderland. No coasters as mentioned earlier. This is a 'family' event like Camp Spooky. Planet Snoopy will be open for kids. Here is a list of things to do while you and the kids are freezing, going on rides at Wonderland. Freezing cold days will be empty as cold days are during the regular season as well. I hope this works out but, I had egg nog and candy cane funnel cakes during Haunt and I can skate indoors anytime. I see why Season Pass holders get in 'free' now. You will need to fork out money to get on the skating rink. Yep, Snow Flake Lake is an upcharge and skating times are limited to 45 minutes. Free or not, I will not be there unless it is way above freezing. :mickey:

https://www.canadaswonderland.com/play/winterfest/attractions

Yeah it's a family event, which is why the low amount of adult rides. From what I have heard, the first weekend has been crazy busy. BTW skating is free. Winterfest is not aimed at enthusiasts, its a family friendly version of the. Christmas market in the distillery district.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby thirstydeer » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:05 pm

Thanks for the photos. I've been curious about how it shaped up. My family wants to go.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Johnlloyd » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:56 am

thirstydeer wrote:Thanks for the photos. I've been curious about how it shaped up. My family wants to go.

You're very welcome! If and when you do attend Winterfest at Canada's Wonderland, be sure to share your thoughts on the event. :)
Canada's Wonderland is my home park!

Check out my amusement park blog here!

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby PATTYCAKES » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:34 am

Stealth1 wrote:
PATTYCAKES wrote:Krachenwagen, Klockwerks, Wilde Knight Mares, and Vikings Rage are the only 'adult' rides that will be open for Winterfest at Canada's Wonderland. No coasters as mentioned earlier. This is a 'family' event like Camp Spooky. Planet Snoopy will be open for kids. Here is a list of things to do while you and the kids are freezing, going on rides at Wonderland. Freezing cold days will be empty as cold days are during the regular season as well. I hope this works out but, I had egg nog and candy cane funnel cakes during Haunt and I can skate indoors anytime. I see why Season Pass holders get in 'free' now. You will need to fork out money to get on the skating rink. Yep, Snow Flake Lake is an upcharge and skating times are limited to 45 minutes. Free or not, I will not be there unless it is way above freezing. :mickey:

Yeah it's a family event, which is why the low amount of adult rides. From what I have heard, the first weekend has been crazy busy. BTW skating is free. Winterfest is not aimed at enthusiasts, its a family friendly version of the. Christmas market in the distillery district.

Is it $10 to reserve an ice time, or is it always free?
I got the $10 information from Amusement Insiders, which is no surprise as they generally give out incorrect information. At first, I thought Winterfest was just an easy money grab, but it really does look nice. My family might go a couple of times just to look around, but I think we are going to try to hold onto our wallets, just like at the Toronto Christmas Market where you can pay $15 for a grilled cheese.
:mickey:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:08 am

If only the park had a website...

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Stealth1 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:05 pm

PATTYCAKES wrote:
Stealth1 wrote:

Is it $10 to reserve an ice time, or is it always free?
I got the $10 information from Amusement Insiders, which is no surprise as they generally give out incorrect information. At first, I thought Winterfest was just an easy money grab, but it really does look nice. My family might go a couple of times just to look around, but I think we are going to try to hold onto our wallets, just like at the Toronto Christmas Market where you can pay $15 for a grilled cheese.
:mickey:

The skating is only $10 if you want to reserve ahead of time. I was there last weekend and thought it was well worth it, especially if you have a gold pass.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby VF15 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:20 pm

Hoping to take a trip up to Canada's Wonderland sometime this summer if circumstances allow. Need some trip planning advice in case it's able to happen.

1) Looking for recommendations for a moderately cheap hotel - I'm okay with something simple like a Super 8 or Motel 6 as long as it's in a safe area.
2) Would prefer not to rent a car due to my age. Is there any way to take public transportation to or near the park, or would I mainly be stuck with taxi/Uber/Lyft?
3) I've heard that the park is usually busy every day during summer, much like Cedar Point. If I plan on spending two days at the park, is that enough time to ride all coasters and interesting flats without Fast Lane Plus, or should I plan on getting one anyway?
4) Any other interesting things to see/do and in or around Toronto?

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby thirstydeer » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:31 pm

VF15 wrote:Hoping to take a trip up to Canada's Wonderland sometime this summer if circumstances allow. Need some trip planning advice in case it's able to happen.

1) Looking for recommendations for a moderately cheap hotel - I'm okay with something simple like a Super 8 or Motel 6 as long as it's in a safe area.
2) Would prefer not to rent a car due to my age. Is there any way to take public transportation to or near the park, or would I mainly be stuck with taxi/Uber/Lyft?
3) I've heard that the park is usually busy every day during summer, much like Cedar Point. If I plan on spending two days at the park, is that enough time to ride all coasters and interesting flats without Fast Lane Plus, or should I plan on getting one anyway?
4) Any other interesting things to see/do and in or around Toronto?

1. There are a bunch around the park, but can't say how expensive it is compared to cheap rates.
2. There are public transit options, particularly in the summer. YRT (York Regional Transit), TTC (Toronto Transit Commission), and the GO (Government of Ontario) all serve a make=shift transit loop at the park.
3. Use this searchable calendar to see how busy the park is on any given date. Of course it can't predict the future but it gives you a good idea of how busy the park has been in the past on whatever days you're considering. (https://queue-times.com/parks/58/calendar/2019/12) If you're there on a day it's open 10-10 and you arrive before 10am so you can start working the busy rides right away before lines build you can fit everything in a day. Definitely takes some strategizing, though.
4. Lots. Blue Jays, Ripley's Aquarium, CN Tower, Hockey Hall of Fame, Legoland (right across from Wonderland), and more.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:51 pm

^^ I got there by transit years ago, and with a bit of planning, and knowing where you're going - easy! :smile:
Don't forget, it will probably be Exact Change Only if you do use the transit there.

EDIT to add: Does any major bus transit system in North America "give back change" any more? Just curious.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Mike240SX » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:29 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:EDIT to add: Does any major bus transit system in North America "give back change" any more? Just curious.

The Jitneys in Atlantic City do, at least the last time I rode one sometime in 2019. I don't know if you'd call that a "major bus transit system" though.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 145
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!