Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1050: 2020 park and water park additions announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby thirstydeer » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:42 am

TunaSled wrote:We will be visiting on the 27th for the first time! Any advice or tips?
We eat vegan, so most food probably isn't of interest.
We already bought Fastlane Plus.
I do know to do WMG first.
I do know to be a Leafs fan while in Ontario.

Thanks for anything you have to offer!

Personally I do the low rider occupancy rides first before the lines build on them. If you're trying to get coaster credits that means going on Wonder Mountain Guardian, Thunder Run, The Fly, and The Bat first. Even though you have a FL+ pass I suggest you get on Yukon Striker early. If it's a busy day the FL+ queue for that ride can extend out of the line and well into the park path, and you'll be waiting a long while, nullifying the advantage of the pass. After that it's all good.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby ArgoZ » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:28 pm

TunaSled wrote:We will be visiting on the 27th for the first time! Any advice or tips?
We eat vegan, so most food probably isn't of interest.
We already bought Fastlane Plus.
I do know to do WMG first.
I do know to be a Leafs fan while in Ontario.

Thanks for anything you have to offer!

Don’t be afraid to wear your Red Wings gear! Lots of Wings fans here in Ontario and if you have anything Stevie Y related, he’s pretty much a GOD here too.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5cb2486b05272cec913011a6bf35a887.jpg[/img][/url]

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby thirstydeer » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:15 pm

Was at the park today and have started noticing what seems to be a trend.. an ever increasing length of FL queues. Am I the only one noticing that?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DILinator » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:52 pm

^Are you referring to the length they're designed for? Or the amount of people in them?

I'm not usually a FL guy, but my kids and I got free FL+ with our Platinum Passes this year, and are going to CW the weekend of the 7th and 8th of September. So I'm very curious about what you're describing, as it'll be ironic if the first time I ever use the FL system in my life, and probably the last, it doesn't matter much, because the line is still long anyway! :devil: I know CW is just a VERY busy park, which is why I was glad to have the free FL+ for our trip, so maybe this is just more normal at this park.

While on the topic of FL+, for those who know, after we activate our passes on Saturday night, I'm hoping to go into the park for a couple hours, and hit some of the coasters that don't NEED FL+. including I hope Leviathan. Does anybody have any suggestions for that last couple of hours of the day, what the best things to do would be? Also, I'm planning to be at park by opening Sunday the 8th, so I wondered what regulars would recommend as a plan of attack with FL+? Are they still doing early ERT for passholders that Sunday? My plan currently is to hit up Yukon Striker first thing, as I've heard even with FL+ it gets a bit of a wait. Final question: are you able to buy FL+ for the following day? Or do you have to buy it day of? Because they say they offer a "very limited number" of FL+ each day, and with everybody getting their free end of season FL+ with Pass renewals and purchases, I imagine they will be in high demand from that weekend on. I'm thinking it might be wise to scoop ours up the night prior if we're able to. Thanks in advance for any help with these questions, as I plan our upcoming visit! =)

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Postby prozach626 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:15 am

thirstydeer wrote:Was at the park today and have started noticing what seems to be a trend.. an ever increasing length of FL queues. Am I the only one noticing that?

I noticed FL+ queues were pretty long at CW and I noticed they were long at KI a couple weeks ago. Diamondback was almost back to the FL+ queue entrance. I hope this isn't a chain-wide trend.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:05 am

I went to Canada's Wonderland on a very busy day on Memorial Day weekend and I don't remember any of the Fast Lane queues being more than 5-10 minutes.

The only time I've ever had to wait a significant time in a Fast Lane queue has been for Steel Vengeance or Copperhead Strike (I think this one was due to the ride being down most of the day).

I'd personally recommend maybe trying to knockout some of the park's coasters that don't have Fast Lane. Guardian is the big one.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Postby DILinator » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:21 am

^Oh wow! Guardian doesn't have FL+? I didn't realize that! That's definitely going to be a priority for beating the crowds then! Thanks for the heads-up!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:37 am

I think a few other coasters don't have it as well like Thunder Run, Bat, and Fly if you wanted to ride all the credits. But Guardian is certainly the most annoying one not to be on FastLane.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby PATTYCAKES » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:06 am

Here's the thing with FL+. Those who want to waste their money on FL+ are complaining that Guardian, The Fly, The Bat, Thunder Run are not on FL+. But the people who are really complaining are the people who do not use FL+. If these coasters were to be put on FL+, then the regular lines would be much shorter and that is why I will never buy a FL+ at my home park. It is just not necessary. Let the out-of-town visitors on more FL+ coasters and make the regular lines much shorter for the people who go to Wonderland every day. Makes sense?

:mickey:

Postby coasterbill » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:11 am

PATTYCAKES wrote: Makes sense?

No. I read that like 3 times and I have no idea what you're trying to say.
Last edited by coasterbill on Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:12 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!