Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1050: 2020 park and water park additions announced!
Users viewing this topic: kenban and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby Honorarius » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:21 am

Thursday is a national day of remembrance for the Great Maple Syrup Heist... Friday is take your moose to work day!!!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby WolfBobs » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:25 am

Honorarius wrote:Thursday is a national day of remembrance for the Great Maple Syrup Heist... Friday is take your moose to work day!!!

Perfect, I'm traveling with my moose!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Haymaker » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:27 am

Thursday is Canadian Friday.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Married a Canadian » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:04 am

I want to note that we woke up at 3:45 to get to the airport 3 hours early for our 8:15 flight, as suggested. Anyone who suggested this can eat shit.

I suggested it. You are welcome. Not often that you hear people complaining that it only took half an hour to get through US customs. I wonder how it could have been so short? Nothing to do with arriving early!
Just be aware that US preborder clearance at YYZ is notorious for long lines and delay (US customs is known for that worldwide) so my suggestion was based on what Toronto Pearson itself recommends, what my colleagues who work at the airport recommend and what I have experienced myself travelling out of YYZ (it is my home airport and I work there so I have "some" idea).

Saying I can "eat s***" because you had to get up early and didn't get screwed over at customs....don't really know what to say. Would you say the same to someone who suggested getting to a park for rope drop so that you can ride stuff without having to wait in line?
I am sorry your flight was delayed though...that is something I sympathise with.

I wouldn't normally respond to stuff like your comment, but it sounded like you would much rather get stuck in an hour and a half long line up at US preborder clearance. Glad you didn't this time...…..who knows next time. I suggest you experiment afew times with flying back into the US from various locations before giving abuse to someone who has actually done it.

Anyway......Glad that you had a good visit to the park...great pictures.
Top Rides:
1 X2 2 Tatsu 3 Twisted Timbers 4 Apollo's Chariot 5 Skyrush 6 Maverick 7 Iron Rattler 8 Leviathan (front row) 9 Phantom's Revenge 10 Millennium Force 11 Manta 12 Saw The ride 13 Mako

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Haymaker » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:09 am

Married a Canadian wrote:Just be aware that US preborder clearance at YYZ is notorious for long lines and delay .

Because Canadians love getting out of their own country.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:53 am

Married a Canadian wrote:
I want to note that we woke up at 3:45 to get to the airport 3 hours early for our 8:15 flight, as suggested. Anyone who suggested this can eat shit.

I suggested it. You are welcome. Not often that you hear people complaining that it only took half an hour to get through US customs. I wonder how it could have been so short? Nothing to do with arriving early!
Just be aware that US preborder clearance at YYZ is notorious for long lines and delay (US customs is known for that worldwide) so my suggestion was based on what Toronto Pearson itself recommends, what my colleagues who work at the airport recommend and what I have experienced myself travelling out of YYZ (it is my home airport and I work there so I have "some" idea).

Saying I can "eat s***" because you had to get up early and didn't get screwed over at customs....don't really know what to say. Would you say the same to someone who suggested getting to a park for rope drop so that you can ride stuff without having to wait in line?
I am sorry your flight was delayed though...that is something I sympathise with.

I wouldn't normally respond to stuff like your comment, but it sounded like you would much rather get stuck in an hour and a half long line up at US preborder clearance. Glad you didn't this time...…..who knows next time. I suggest you experiment afew times with flying back into the US from various locations before giving abuse to someone who has actually done it.

Sounded a lot more like he was just being humorous in a dry, slightly sardonic way.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby jconsolmagno » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:34 pm

Anyone notice the MCBR on Yukon Striker has a very violent shake to it?

It was not noticeable yesterday, but today, it almost felt like an earthquake. Everyone on my train spoke out about it. I watched 3-4 more trains and it was apparent from the ground.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:28 am

Married a Canadian wrote:

Nah, it was just a joke. I also researched and everything you guys said, what I read from various sites online, and what I saw on Toronto Pearson's online source said to get to the airport three hours early. It was just a WTF moment since it didn't take very long and we got up so early. It worked out really well. We were able to relax in the diner right inside the terminal, drink coffee, and have a nice breakfast. Little did we know we had more time to kill... I think we were early enough to beat the US Customs morning rush. I think we were there at 5am.

michaellynn4 wrote:Sounded a lot more like he was just being humorous in a dry, slightly sardonic way.

That's me in a nutshell. My TPR snapchat friends can attest to that.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Married a Canadian » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:14 am

Nah, it was just a joke. I also researched and everything you guys said, what I read from various sites online, and what I saw on Toronto Pearson's online source said to get to the airport three hours early. It was just a WTF moment since it didn't take very long and we got up so early. It worked out really well. We were able to relax in the diner right inside the terminal, drink coffee, and have a nice breakfast. Little did we know we had more time to kill... I think we were early enough to beat the US Customs morning rush. I think we were there at 5am

In that case, I apologise to you. You caught me in the middle of a cycle of night shifts (when I am a grumpy sod anyway!) and I misread the tone of your report...and that is on me. I realised after two responses (including yours) that I should have read it a bit more carefully...probably when I was more awake! It would have saved me a snarky response...when there should have been none. The only downside of social media sometimes is that it can be difficult to get the "tone" of a post or the like if you aren't fully concentrating or miss the sarcasm/humour in it. I did this time....and for that.....I offer "mea culpa" and apologies again.
In fact I will go as far to say..that you are one of the travellers that we LOVE at YYZ who actually do what the f*** is the sensible thing to do!!..as draining as it is!!

Thanks for the report...and I am glad it worked out in the end. Sorry Air Canada f***ed up for you. Glad you like Yukon Striker!
Top Rides:
1 X2 2 Tatsu 3 Twisted Timbers 4 Apollo's Chariot 5 Skyrush 6 Maverick 7 Iron Rattler 8 Leviathan (front row) 9 Phantom's Revenge 10 Millennium Force 11 Manta 12 Saw The ride 13 Mako

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:18 am

I think it was actually Delta that screwed us over and they got us on a later flight with Air Canada, so that worked out. You're preaching to the choir on the night shift thing, so no problem. It's pretty easy to not interpret that as a joke.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!