Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1050: 2020 park and water park additions announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby drevil0208 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:27 am

Totally depends on the day. I was there a few weeks ago and it was only 10 minutes. Other times I’ve seen it around 30-45.

It has a single rider line that is usually much faster.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Johnlloyd » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:15 am

jconsolmagno wrote:How have wait times been on Yukon Striker? I assumed I would grab some ERT but didn't realize that CW doesn't do that during the weekdays. I'll be up there next week.

If you arrive at the park at opening, the wait times are quite minimal. After opening, wait times can be anywhere from 10 minutes to well over an hour depending on how busy the park is. Weather has a significant role when it comes to how busy the park may be. So, if you're worried about it being extremely busy, go on a day when the weather forecast is predicting a chance of showers. As others have mentioned, there is a single rider line which goes by quite quickly as long as groups don't line up in it and expect to ride together (despite the sign stating groups will be split up). Regardless of how long you wait to ride Yukon Striker, the wait will be worth it! I hope you have a great time next week! :)
Canada's Wonderland is my home park!

Check out my amusement park blog here!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby lkatchutas » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:21 pm

jconsolmagno wrote:How have wait times been on Yukon Striker? I assumed I would grab some ERT but didn't realize that CW doesn't do that during the weekdays. I'll be up there next week.

The single ride is the fastest if you don't have fast lane plus. The most I have waited in the single rider line was around 30 minutes on a busy weekday.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby KPfan » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:34 pm

Going to be spending a week in Toronto this month and plan for 2 days at CW. Was wondering if it's worth visiting Centreville Park while in town. Anyone ever been?

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby BitterOldHag » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:35 pm

^ If you’re looking for thrills at Centreville you’ll be disappointed, but there are some highlights that I believe make it work visiting.

- The ferry ride to the island offers beautiful views of downtown and is an attraction in its own right.
- The park’s Sky Ride is a relaxing 10+ minute ride with nice views of the park and again, views of the Toronto skyline.
- There is an enclosed Scrambler ride that isn’t very dark, but they kept me on For a good 5 minutes.
- The Park has a small log flume, which is always a positive
- And finally the park’s Haunted Barrel Works dark ride is a true classic. Loud noises, silly effects and a hilarious guillotine scene make this ride worth the trip.

There’s several food stands, a gift shop and plenty of kids rides including a Miler kids coaster as well. My lone complaint was the “No Single Riders” rule on the Antique Cars. I asked the operator if it was simply for kids and he said no and that he didn’t know why it was a rule... it just is. :b

So I guess In Summary, If you have the time and don’t mind battling downtown traffic and parking, I’d recommend a visit. I enjoyed my time there back in June before the Corey Hart concert (which was awesome!) and would definitely return.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby KPfan » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:57 pm

BitterOldHag wrote:^ If you’re looking for thrills at Centreville you’ll be disappointed, but there are some highlights that I believe make it work visiting.

Thank you! We've been discussing it due to the proximity of the city. The views look amazing and we don't mind the lack of thrills. We tend to visit smaller parks and fairs in between our big park trips. Just didn't want to go out of our way to find that it's a total waste of time.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:13 pm

They have a Sky Ride! :b :br We rode it in....1974!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Haymaker » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:14 pm

KPfan wrote:Going to be spending a week in Toronto this month and plan for 2 days at CW. Was wondering if it's worth visiting Centreville Park while in town. Anyone ever been?

Not sure how much free time you'll have but you'll also be within a 2-3 hour drive from Six Flags Darien Lake and about 4 hours from Waldameer depending on Toronto and border traffic.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby rjr19 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:06 am

I was finally able to get to the park for the year on Wednesday and later that night WindSeeker was testing like crazy. I later noticed that it’s been closed for a week now. Anyone know what’s up?

Also, when I was there I picked a Wednesday figuring it wouldn’t be crowded in the middle of the week. I stood corrected, it was PACKED. Is that typical on a wednesday for everything worth riding to be well over an hour at times?
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Johnlloyd » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:30 am

rjr19 wrote:I was finally able to get to the park for the year on Wednesday and later that night WindSeeker was testing like crazy. I later noticed that it’s been closed for a week now. Anyone know what’s up?

Also, when I was there I picked a Wednesday figuring it wouldn’t be crowded in the middle of the week. I stood corrected, it was PACKED. Is that typical on a wednesday for everything worth riding to be well over an hour at times?

I was also there on Wednesday and was surprised to see the park was really busy as well! It didn't help that Windseeker and Vortex were down, but these things do happen. But, I guess the nice and somewhat cooler weather, along with Kidzfest happening until August 5th, and Yukon Striker being new this year really brought out the crowds. This was my eighth visit of the season, so I was okay with the crowds, but I can see how it can be somewhat of an inconvenience for someone who visits not too often. :)
Canada's Wonderland is my home park!

Check out my amusement park blog here!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!