Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1050: 2020 park and water park additions announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:31 pm

Just a random post... I know it's a really old show at this point but my wife started watching Hemlock Grove on Netflix and I happened to look up and immediately noticed Canada's Wonderland making an appearance -- https://youtu.be/npJbHhWeNU0

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby thirstydeer » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:22 pm

Continuing on with your random post, here's another example. A Canadian police thriller show called Flashpont filmed an episode at Wonderland... with a father and his stolen baby running up to the top of the lift hill of Flight Deck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfDx351RLWY

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby SbSteveZ » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:26 pm

anonymouscactus wrote:Just a random post... I know it's a really old show at this point but my wife started watching Hemlock Grove on Netflix and I happened to look up and immediately noticed Canada's Wonderland making an appearance -- https://youtu.be/npJbHhWeNU0

I think my favorite thing about this is that they have the park based in Pennsylvania yet instead of using one of the many amazing parks in the state, they chose Canada’s Wonderland instead. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, I just love that concept since it’s almost ironic that they didn’t use a PA Park (is this a Canadian production? I know they have some strict rules about locations for filming, I wonder if that’s why they chose Wonderland?)

Regardless it’s always awesome to see parks like this!

But come on, they expect me to believe the exit for the park is between drop tower and leviathan (or PennsylMania if I remember correctly)? Nice try, Hollywood. Nice try. ;)
Last Coaster: Thunderbolt @ Kennywood
150TH COASTER: The Riddler Revenge @ Six Flags New England
RIDE ON

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:33 pm

^ It's cheaper to film in Canada, most times. Regardless what park it is.
Would have been funnier if it was filmed in La Ronde. :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:15 pm

SbSteveZ wrote:
anonymouscactus wrote:Just a random post... I know it's a really old show at this point but my wife started watching Hemlock Grove on Netflix and I happened to look up and immediately noticed Canada's Wonderland making an appearance -- https://youtu.be/npJbHhWeNU0

I think my favorite thing about this is that they have the park based in Pennsylvania yet instead of using one of the many amazing parks in the state, they chose Canada’s Wonderland instead. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, I just love that concept since it’s almost ironic that they didn’t use a PA Park (is this a Canadian production? I know they have some strict rules about locations for filming, I wonder if that’s why they chose Wonderland?)

Regardless it’s always awesome to see parks like this!

But come on, they expect me to believe the exit for the park is between drop tower and leviathan (or PennsylMania if I remember correctly)? Nice try, Hollywood. Nice try. ;)

I've never even heard of this show, but this was the first result that came up when I googled it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemlock_Grove_(TV_series)
Development and production

After McGreevy pushed for the series to be filmed in the Pittsburgh area, production was expected to start in early June 2012 and last until November.[19][20] In mid May, Gaumont International Television pulled out of Pennsylvania in favor of production at the Cinespace Film Studios in Toronto.[21] The move came about after Gaumont management had a misunderstanding on how the Pennsylvania Film Tax Credit program works.[22] Filming began on July 13, 2012 in Port Perry, Ontario; a small town about 40 miles (63 km) northeast of Toronto that has been transformed to look like Hemlock Grove, the fictional Western Pennsylvania town the series is set in.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:26 pm

If only Leviathan and Yukon Striker were in PA so I wouldn't have to get to the airport 3 hours early for a flight home due to customs.

Postby DILinator » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:55 pm

PA is such an epic state for amusement parks and coasters! If I could only ride the coasters in one state, and no others, the rest of my life, I'm really torn between OH, and PA!

I look forward to hearing about your experience at CW, Zach! Hopefully, it was better than GAdv, and boosted your morale, instead of lowering it! I noticed that you didn't mention Behemoth in your post above, which is my favorite coaster at the park currently (since I haven't ridden Leviathan and Yukon Striker yet.) Were you not a big fan?

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Postby prozach626 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:27 pm

I know I liked Behemoth, but I can't remember too much about it aside from someone's phone flying out of their hand and into the lake. (Yesss!!!!) Yukon Striker and Leviathan stole the show, though. We also liked Mine Buster a lot. Mine Buster... Weird, right?

I haven't been on a B&M hyper that I didn't like, although Apollo's Chariot never leaves me satisfied. Behemoth had a noticeable rattle. It didn't bother me, but Emily didn't like it because of that. We tried the outer seats and inner seats of the last car. It wasn't smooth enough, so she still wasn't having it. From what I had heard I thought Behemoth would be the better hyper out of the two parks, but our appreciation for Nitro was completely unexpected.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby jconsolmagno » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:08 am

How have wait times been on Yukon Striker? I assumed I would grab some ERT but didn't realize that CW doesn't do that during the weekdays. I'll be up there next week.

Postby prozach626 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:26 am

We had FL+, but I think wait times were about an hour. The line will split off for the front row right at the FL+ grouper. Wait for the front if you can. The line moves quick.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!